Unauthorised: a valid access key is required to access the geoplugin API over SSL

GP

Oct 6, 2021, 9:40:37 AM10/6/21
to geoPlugin
I'm a Premium subscriber, but I started receiving this error for any requests I am making with my correct access key to https://ssl.geoplugin.net/json.gp?k=myaccesskey.

{ "geoplugin_status":403, "geoplugin_message": "Unauthorised: a valid access key is required to access the geoplugin API over SSL", "geoplugin_url": "https://www.geoplugin.com/premium#ssl_access_per_year" }

When this started happening a couple of days ago, I purchased a second Premium subscription and the new key worked for one day and today I'm getting the same error on that second subscription.

Is this an issue on Geoplugin's side? Can you please resolve it ASAP? We run a SaaS product and this is affecting thousands of paying users.

Thank you.
GP

geoPlugin Support

Oct 6, 2021, 9:41:51 AM10/6/21
to geop...@googlegroups.com
Hi

We have had a serious SSL key issue which affected ALL of our users (SSL
and IP) - for some the issue has lasted 24 h at least, others just 10
hours. This has now been resolved and all keys should be valid now.
Our sincere apologies for the problems this would have caused you.