Android Studio

Tim Howard

Sep 14, 2014, 9:21:33 AM9/14/14
to geopapara...@googlegroups.com
When working in the Android SDK, has anyone switched from the Eclipse ADT to Android Studio?  It looks like ADT is no longer in development and folks are being encouraged to switch over to Studio. See:

http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html

Does anyone know the ramifications of this change for Geopaparazzi?

Thanks,
Tim

andrea antonello

Sep 15, 2014, 2:24:18 AM9/15/14
to geopapara...@googlegroups.com
I started to use android studio for the development of what will be
geopap4. This also forced me to do some cleanup on the gradle parts
(which is good).
But I did not commit the intellij project files, since I don't think
they are necessary.
Just import the project through its gradle file and you should be good to go.

Cheers,
Andrea

> Thanks,
> Tim

Tim Howard

Sep 15, 2014, 9:08:07 AM9/15/14
to geopapara...@googlegroups.com
Thank you. Your reply is very helpful.
Tim

Guen LM

Oct 30, 2015, 4:46:21 AM10/30/15
to geopaparazzi-devel
Hi,

I try to customize geopap to use it with my own app with intents (show a polygon on the map after selection on my own app and, add a button on geopap to show specific information on my own app when i click on a polygon in geopap) but first...
i try to open/build the project on Android Studio and error occurs when I try to run the project on the emulator.
After reading this post, I did New project > Import gradle project and I choose build.gradle from geopaparazzi-master folder (with all .app, libreary, spatialitelibrary inside), is-it the good way ?
Which android sdk is needed to build the project ? Is there something else to do after ?
Sorry, it's first time I use Anroid Studio...
thank's a lot

guen

Guen LM

Oct 30, 2015, 6:51:50 AM10/30/15
to geopaparazzi-devel
I upgrade Android Studio to the latest version and the error is... INSTALL_FAILED_NO_MATCHING_ABIS when I try to run geopap-app...if you see what's the problem is..?
thank's

guen

andrea antonello

Oct 30, 2015, 7:01:47 AM10/30/15
to geopaparazzi-devel
Hi Guen,

> I upgrade Android Studio to the latest version and the error is...
> INSTALL_FAILED_NO_MATCHING_ABIS when I try to run geopap-app...if you see
> what's the problem is..?

I found in the net the following answer:
NSTALL_FAILED_NO_MATCHING_ABIS is when you are trying to install an
app that has native libraries and it doesn't have a native library for
your cpu architecture.

This is quite scaring, I am not sure what the reason might be. What
device are you testing this on?
If you are using an emulator, maybe you didn't choose a proper
architecture? Not sure though.

Andrea

> thank's
>
> guen
>

> Le dimanche 14 septembre 2014 15:21:33 UTC+2, Tim Howard a écrit :
>>
>> When working in the Android SDK, has anyone switched from the Eclipse ADT
>> to Android Studio? It looks like ADT is no longer in development and folks
>> are being encouraged to switch over to Studio. See:
>>
>> http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html
>>
>> Does anyone know the ramifications of this change for Geopaparazzi?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Tim

Guen LM

Oct 30, 2015, 7:33:27 AM10/30/15
to geopaparazzi-devel
Thank's for the answer andrea
I just found the solution ! I try with an emulator build with CPU arm and it works... (I tried before with CPU x86)
The next step is now to build the apk and try on the phone...
Did you already made intents in geopap (to use as an example...) ?
thank's a lot
guen

Guen LM

Oct 30, 2015, 9:33:46 AM10/30/15
to geopaparazzi-devel
OK it work's fine on the tel ! I have to program my own fonction now...
thank's for your job