Upgrade to android 6

andrea antonello

Jan 12, 2016, 6:55:38 AM1/12/16
to geopaparazzi-devel
Dear all,
I have started the review and upgrade to android 6.

this is a big big piece of work, since many parts needed to better follow android guidelines.

I just wanted to give you a heads up, so that you know what is going on.
If you have proposals, just make them.

But I don't assure anything. We already have a lot of unpaid work on this and my idea is to remove stuff, not to add new one.

Cheers and a happy new year,
All the best,
Andrea

Tim Howard

Jan 12, 2016, 7:31:46 AM1/12/16
to andrea antonello, geopaparazzi-devel
Andrea,
This sounds like a big, but important, project. I'm glad you are
taking it on. I still have two things on my long-term wish list if you
could keep them in the back of you mind when doing this:
1. Position averaging. It would great to be able to be able to average
more than one GPS position when placing a GPS-based point. This
greatly increases the accuracy of the point.
2. Use external antenna. It would be great to be able to tap into NMEA
signals coming from bluetooth, so that we can use an external GPS
antenna if desired.

I'm not asking you to implement these, just that you think about where
the work might go or how they might be implemented in this major
upgrade ... so they are easier to incorporate at a later date.

Happy New Year to all from me too!
Cheers,
Tim