Version Geopap against gvSIG mobile

Peter Heerink

Jul 3, 2018, 4:40:56 PM7/3/18
to geopaparazzi-devel

Hi @moovida

I will issue a workshop at the FOSS4GNL next week. I introduced Geoparazzi there as being the core for the gvSIG mobile.

However the gvSIG 0.2.1 has been issued on 17 nov 2017. I assume it is based on Geopaparazzi 5.5.0
In that respect I have following question
Do you know how the update sequence will be between both apps ?

Greetings
Peter Heerink

andrea antonello

Jul 4, 2018, 2:12:33 AM7/4/18
to geopaparazzi-devel
Hi Peter,
this is a good good question that I am not exactly able to answer.

While geopaparazzi moves forward at community rythm (which is usually
fast), gvSIG mobile is thought to move at a more enterprise level.
The next release was meant to be in line with the gvSIG Online
project, since that is the major difference with geopaparazzi, being
integrated in the gvSIG Suite stack.

So right now I am not really aware of when a new release will be
around, most probably when the gvSIG Online team will have the whole
profile server part ready.

Cheers,
Andrea

PS: please let us know how the workshop goes and thanks for doing this!