plugins, thin wrapper, geopaparazzi_core questions

Tim Howard

Feb 12, 2017, 2:16:35 PM2/12/17
to geopaparazzi-devel
Can someone please explain the new design for geopaparazzi_core? Perhaps @dispiste or @moovida? As with another recent very large refactoring, this has made merging my fork quite difficult. How is this expected to behave? It looks like I will move my customizations into `geopaparazzi_core` because they are significant and this would be the easiest path, but that doesn't seem to be what you intended with this change.   What is the point? Can you give some examples of a plug-in and how it would be implemented?
Thanks, Tim

andrea antonello

Feb 13, 2017, 12:46:06 AM2/13/17
to geopaparazzi-devel
Hi Tim, all,
we just returned from a week of code sprint on geopaparazzi and the
changes on the master branch are the result of this.

I apologize for not bringing a report earlier, but there was no time
yet. Also today I won't be able to wrap it up, but tomorrow I will
sure write down a complete report on what we have done, tried to do,
wished to do. I will also give someinsights on how to migrate
depending apps and what has changed.

I will keep you posted.
Andrea

Tim Howard

Feb 13, 2017, 9:38:14 AM2/13/17
to geopaparazzi-devel
Andrea,
Ok, thanks for the reply. I managed to get the current state of master merged into my fork and also managed to fix all the conflicts, so I'm in better shape now.

Yes, that would be great to sometime hear about the benefits and applications of the new structure.

I'm so happy to see all the coding activity!

Cheers,
Tim

andrea antonello

Feb 14, 2017, 5:32:23 AM2/14/17
to geopaparazzi-devel
Hi Tim,

> Ok, thanks for the reply. I managed to get the current state of master
> merged into my fork and also managed to fix all the conflicts, so I'm in
> better shape now.

great. Sorry for the mess. It should have been in a different branch,
but we noticed only too late that we had started to commit on master.
Time has short and we decided to go on. We sure learend from this :-)

> Yes, that would be great to sometime hear about the benefits and
> applications of the new structure.
>
> I'm so happy to see all the coding activity!

Yes, me also. There are some projects active that involve geopaparazzi
also by different companies than ours, this will benefit the ecosystem
around geopaparazzi and bring valuable contributions. I really like
that.

Cheers,
Andrea