Please give advice columbus r7 pro

Александр Кислинский

Aug 18, 2024, 2:28:44 AMAug 18
to GeoNames

Hello forum members,

I am planning a project for a website dedicated to finding graves by name, and I also intend to develop an Android mobile app that will allow users to take photos of graves with geotagging. For more accurate coordinates, I’m considering using an affordable external GPS module, the Columbus R7 Pro, connected via Bluetooth. I’ve gathered a lot of information about this model, but I noticed on your forum that there was a discussion suggesting the manufacturer might have misrepresented the support for L5 frequencies and the SBAS protocol, with forum members reporting that it didn’t achieve the claimed results in their tests.

I have a question: Is it worth using this device in conjunction with a smartphone, or should I consider the Garmin GLO 2 instead? If it's not too much trouble, could you recommend a receiver with decent features in this price range?

Thank you in advance for your advice.