Incorrect localization data

Jean-Daniel NICOLET

Jul 3, 2020, 3:26:33 PM7/3/20
to GeoNames
Hello,

I'm using the software GeoSetter allowing a geographical marking of photos, which uses the geonames services to retrieve the country, region, city, and location from the geographical coordinates.

I'm currently handling photos taken in the cirque of Sixt-Fer-à-Cheval, Haute-Savoie, France. The names are incorrectly reported from belonging to Switzerland, Caton of Valais, Champéry, Barme instead of Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes region, city and location of Sixt-Fer-à-Cheval around the following coordinates: 46.10913120°N 6.86170000°E and nearby in the valley.

The Swiss region lies nearby, hence, there was probably an inversion of data between some adjacent photos.

Hoping this communication will help you to improve your data accuracy.

I much apprciate the service for tagging my photographies.

Jean-Danil NICOLET, Haute-Savoie, France.