missing unique reference between alternate names and postcodes table

bapt x (baptx)

Feb 26, 2023, 8:15:54 AM2/26/23
to GeoNames
Hello,

For villages that have a population of less than 500 people, they will not be included in the geoname table.
We can still find these small villages in the alternate names and postcodes table but I noticed there is no unique reference between these tables, like a geonameid column (which is present in alternate names table but not in postcodes table).
Can you add the geonameid column in the postcodes table in an update?
This way, we would be able to search small villages by their alternative name. Currently if we want to do that, I think it is not reliable because the only reference between the 2 tables would be the place name which may not be unique if there are several cities with the same name (and the alternate name may not be used for both cities with the same name).

Thanks.