Coordinates correction request for Val de Loire (GeonamesId: 2997862)

24 views
Skip to first unread message

sylvain roturier

unread,
Oct 3, 2026, 1:25:16 PM (7 days ago) Oct 3
to GeoNames
Hello,

I hope you are well.
I am writing to request a coordinate correction for "Val de Loire" (GeonamesId: 2997862) because the forum (https://forum.geonames.org/) is currently inaccessible on my end.

The current coordinates center the entity exclusively within the administrative region "Centre-Val de Loire". However, the UNESCO-listed Loire Valley (Val de Loire) actually spans across two regions: "Centre-Val de Loire" and "Pays de la Loire" (specifically including the Maine-et-Loire department). Could an administrator please update the coordinates to position the center more accurately between the two regions, for instance near Montsoreau (47.2158, 0.0611), which marks a key geographic intersection of this zone? 

Official reference: http://unesco.org 

Thank you for your help,

Sylvain

sylvain roturier

unread,
Oct 6, 2026, 3:51:58 PM (4 days ago) Oct 6
to GeoNames
Dear all,

I am really sorry, I made a mistake in my previous request. Your database is perfectly accurate.

All my very best regards,

Sylvain
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages