Re: Geonames forum access and Geonames polygones

Marc Wick

Jun 7, 2024, 4:00:55 AMJun 7
to Patricia Rifa, ma...@geonames.org, Cecile Shaalan, geon...@googlegroups.com
Hi Patricia

Thanks a lot for your email and your contributions.

Can you elaborate on the use case of the polygons?
What is the main purpose?
Do you want to draw and view the polygons exclusively on geonames website?
Do you want to import the polygons from other sources? Shall they be
exported to the daily extract, in which format?
How large will they be? (number of points - dozens or millions)

Best Regards

Marc