Reverse Geocoding problems

Philip Gladstone

Jul 15, 2022, 4:48:42 PM7/15/22
to geon...@googlegroups.com
I do lookups to get the CountryCode and the AdminCode1 from lat,long points. However, there are areas of the world where I only get the CountryCode. I've plotted these locations on the map below

image.png

I started out by trying to figure out why Barcelona did not return a region whereas Madrid did:

{"distance": 0,"countryCode": "ES","countryName": "Spain"}

In the US, it appears that Hawaii, California, Texas, Florida are poorly covered.

There may be other regions that are not covered, but these are the ones where I do my lookups.

Any thoughts?

Philip

Marc Wick

Jul 17, 2022, 5:03:49 PM7/17/22
to geon...@googlegroups.com
Hi Philip

Thanks for pointing this out. A performance optimiziation has gone wrong and missed some areas.
It has been fixed and works again as expected.

Best Regards

Marc

Philip Gladstone

Jul 18, 2022, 3:25:47 AM7/18/22
to GeoNames
Thanks for fixing this -- I'm now able to fill in the adminCode1 for most of my locations!

Philip