geomorph updates

Mike Collyer

Oct 25, 2016, 7:55:14 AM10/25/16
to MORPHMET, geomorph R package
Colleagues,

I wish to alert you to a small but important update to geomorph. A coding error was found that limited the number of random permutations to 1-100 permutations, irrespective of choice, for one particular analysis type in advanced.procD.lm. This also had implications for the homogeneity of slopes test in procD.allometry. This error has been fixed and an updated version of geomorph is available on GitHub. We recommend, as always, that you install geomorph from GitHub, to ensure you have the most recent updates.

devtools:::install_github(“geomorphR/geomorph”, ref = “Stable”)

Warm regards!

Mike, and the geomorph team

Milena Stefanovic

Oct 28, 2016, 9:57:16 AM10/28/16
to geomorph R package, morp...@morphometrics.org

It didn't work for me:

Downloading GitHub repo geomorphR/geomorph@master from URL https://api.github.com/repos/geomorphR/geomorph/zipball/master
Error in stop(github_error(request)) : 404: Not Found
 (404)

I am using R Studio Version 0.99.903 for Windows.

Best regards,
Milena

Mike Collyer

Oct 28, 2016, 9:59:27 AM10/28/16
to Milena Stefanovic, geomorph R package, morp...@morphometrics.org
Milena,

You must provide a branch reference

devtools:::install_github(“geomorphR/geomorph”, ref = “Stable”)

should work, but

devtools:::install_github(“geomorphR/geomorph”)

will not work.

Mike

Adams, Dean [EEOBS]

Oct 28, 2016, 9:59:32 AM10/28/16
to Milena Stefanovic, geomorph R package, morp...@morphometrics.org

Milena,

Installing from Github requires installing from the stable branch, not Master. Try this:

devtools::install_github("geomorphR/geomorph", ref = "Stable")

Note the ‘Stable’ option at the end.

Dean

Dr. Dean C. Adams

Professor

Department of Ecology, Evolution, and Organismal Biology

       Department of Statistics

Iowa State University

www.public.iastate.edu/~dcadams/

phone: 515-294-3834