Constructing a polyhedron given n points in R3.

1 view

S. B. Gray

Jul 18, 2010, 5:19:25 PM7/18/10
to geometry...@moderators.isc.org
Given n points in the plane it is easy to construct a simple
(non-self-crossing) n-gon on these points.

Given n points in general position in 0R3, it is always possible to
construct a simple polyhedron on these points? If not, give a
counterexample. If so, give an algorithm and/or proof.

I do not know the answer to this question, nor whether it's easy or
hard, nor do I know where to find information on it.

Steve Gray