How to convert a point into an angle?

William Thompson

Sep 25, 2017, 3:30:00 PM9/25/17
to app...@support1.mathforum.org
This is a very simple question I am sure for anyone who works with mathematics or is currently studying mathematics. Unfortunately, I have not touched this stuff in decades and I am a bit rusty.

How do I determine what an angle is on an X and Y grid of a line that intersects a circle drawn on that grid (both the line and the circle are centered at (0,0) )? If we know that point at which the line intersects the circle, how can that be converted into a degreed angle?