Re: Euclidean problem

Pradnesh

Aug 20, 2017, 11:50:00 AM8/20/17
to app...@support1.mathforum.org
> Hi,
>
> I've some troubles trying to prove this problem:
>
> Given a square (ABCD) , E is an internal point to the
> square such that the angle ECD = angle EDC = 15B0;
> prove that ABE is an equilateral triangle.
>
> I've just managed to prove that ABE is isosceles, but
> can't move forward. Hope someone can help me figure
> out the right path!

Hi,GabMat,
I have a solution to your problem. Hope you are aware of the basic Trigonometry principles and the sine rule which states that-
In ?ABC a/sinA=b/sin B=c/sin C.
You can find my solution in the attachments because it is difficult to type it.
Let me know about it.

Attachment available from http://mathforum.org/kb/forum.jspa?forumID=128&start=0