Clucalc/CluViz

2olav

Jun 7, 2023, 8:06:13 AM6/7/23
to Geometric_Algebra
Hi all,
I'm looking for a GA software called CluCalc/CluViz, which I used for my master's degree some years ago, but I have not been able to find a place to download it.
Seems like clucalc.info has been shut down for while.

Do you have any idea where I can get it? Is there any other alternative software you would recommend?

Thank you for helping in advance.

Laurent Steffan

Jun 7, 2023, 10:05:27 AM6/7/23
to geometri...@googlegroups.com
Have you tried the github repository : https://github.com/foobarz/CLUCalcSource-4.3.3 ?
There exists also a version compiled for Linux, but it might be old.
Alternatives are available, it really depends on what you want to do : visualization ? scripting ?
For my own purposes I currently use ganja.js, with some python progrmas that use it for displays.

Laurent Steffan

2olav

Jun 8, 2023, 2:23:34 PM6/8/23
to Geometric_Algebra
Thank you for your reply Laurent.
I was hoping for a version compiled for windows. But I guess I can use a Virtualbox and run it from there.
I will be using it for both visualization and scripting. I'm using geometric algebra for constructing kinematics and invers-kinematics for robots.

Best Regards
Olav

Laurent Steffan

Jun 8, 2023, 2:45:03 PM6/8/23
to geometri...@googlegroups.com
You can find the latest version (6.1 for Windows, dated 2010) of Clucalc at the following URL

Let me know if that version still works, if you don't mind !

Laurent Steffan

2olav

Jun 8, 2023, 2:54:49 PM6/8/23
to Geometric_Algebra
Amazing! It works perfectly. Thank you very much!

Olav