RSS feed to my website with images

the_thought_police

Sep 14, 2010, 12:12:04 PM9/14/10
to Geograph-API-Users
Hi - I've not done much in the way of RSS feeds before.

I'm looking for a quick method to generate a feed for e.g. Newport and
then to be able to display the images on my website (preferably with
prev/next) links to more images.

Does anyone have a snippet available to do this in php?

thanks

barryhunter

Sep 14, 2010, 12:24:14 PM9/14/10
to Geograph-API-Users
Basic example here:
http://www.nearby.org.uk/geograph-demo.php?p=SH5050

includes a link to the source. Doesnt include paging, but can help
with that if needbe.

The Geograph API works best with coordinates (either lat/long or a
grid reference) - so best if can use either of those. The above code
shows how.

The problem with placenames is there are often many places with the
same name
http://www.geograph.org.uk/finder/places.php?q=newport
so coordiantes avoids that issue :)

Hope that helps!

Barry

P.S. An alternative is been thinking of creating a 'embed' option, so
people can embed geograph photos into a page, with simple javascript
or an iframe. Let me know if you would be interested in this. There is
a basic one here:
http://www.gmodules.com/ig/creator?synd=open&url=http://www.geograph.org.uk/stuff/ggadget0.xml
but we could make a more powerful one ourselves (rather than using
Google)

On Sep 14, 5:12 pm, the_thought_police <sean.carmich...@logica.com>

Carmichael, Sean

Sep 14, 2010, 12:52:50 PM9/14/10
to geograph-...@googlegroups.com
You're a star! Thanks Barry

Hope that helps!

Barry

Please help Logica to respect the environment by not printing this email / Pour contribuer comme Logica au respect de l'environnement, merci de ne pas imprimer ce mail / Bitte drucken Sie diese Nachricht nicht aus und helfen Sie so Logica dabei, die Umwelt zu schützen. / Por favor ajude a Logica a respeitar o ambiente nao imprimindo este correio electronico.