Re: Georgian range for "DejaVuSerif" by BPG-InfoTech

BPG Kolumbus

Sep 7, 2007, 7:06:37 PM9/7/07
to geof...@googlegroups.com
Hi all

Here is DejaVu Sherif including Georgian Mkhedruli Mtavruli inside PUA E000-E026 (as well as Unicode Standard Nuskha-Khutsuri 2D00-2D26)

Now waiting for testing-approval...

BPG

DejaVuSerif_2D00-2D2F_Mtavruli_8-sept.zip
dejavu_Georgian_Supplement_2D00-2D2F_mtavruli.gif

Vladimer Sichinava

Sep 8, 2007, 9:01:15 AM9/8/07
to geof...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

An image file test1.png, shows
http://groups.google.com/group/geofonts/web/%E1%83%92%E1%83%90%E1%83%9B%E1%83%9D%E1%83%AA%E1%83%93%E1%83%90
link after
DejaVuSerif_2D00-2D2F_Mtavruli_8-sept.ttf font installation on my Ubuntu 7.04 System.
Everything seems working!

test2.png shows Georgian Parliament site screenshot:
www.parliament.ge

And I don't know why, there is still Georgian Asomtavruli used
for menues.

Don't know howto print with Mkhedruli Mtavruli :)

Regards,

Vladimer (Lado)

test1.png
test2.png

BPG Kolumbus

Sep 8, 2007, 10:57:12 AM9/8/07
to geof...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lado

1. You have installed DejaVu Serif with Mtavruli but not "DejaVuSans_2D00-2D2F_sept-5_mtavrulit.ttf" -- უნიკოდის წაკითხვადობის გამოცდა page is to look as on the attached picture.

2. On Georgian Parliament web site they are using "BPG Glaho" where Mkhedruli Mtavruli is inside range of AsoMtavruli (and are using Dynamic, Web Font for MS Internet Eplorer) -- here is font whuch can solve this problem for you.

Actually - De-Facto standard in Georgia is Mkhedruli Mtavruli in the range of AsoMtavruli of Unicode - this is a case when practice9 practical necessity commands...

BPG
DejaVuSans_2D00-2D2F_sept-5_mtavrulit.zip
DejaVuSans_Mtavruli_as_Asomtavruli.zip
fonts_test_1.gif

Vladimer Sichinava

Sep 8, 2007, 9:21:10 PM9/8/07
to geof...@googlegroups.com

On შაბ, 2007-09-08 at 17:57 +0300, BPG Kolumbus wrote:

Hi Lado
Hello Mr.Bessarion

1. You have installed DejaVu Serif with Mtavruli but not "DejaVuSans_2D00-2D2F_sept-5_mtavrulit.ttf" -- უნიკოდის წაკითხვადობის გამოცდა page is to look as on the attached picture.

ok!

2. On Georgian Parliament web site they are using "BPG Glaho" where Mkhedruli Mtavruli is inside range of AsoMtavruli (and are using Dynamic, Web Font for MS Internet Eplorer) -- here is font whuch can solve this problem for you.

Actually - De-Facto standard in Georgia is Mkhedruli Mtavruli in the range of AsoMtavruli of Unicode - this is a case when practice9 practical necessity commands...

BPG

I've forgotten about that "little" particular :)

IMHO Mkhedruli Mtavruli is ready to be inserted into Dejavu's PUA range.
Let's wait Ben's decision !

With Best Regards,

Vladimer

BPG Kolumbus

Sep 17, 2007, 8:40:03 PM9/17/07
to geof...@googlegroups.com
Hi all

Here are some other examples of using "Mkhedruli Mtavruli" on Georgian governmental (!) web sites:

Central Election Commission web site

Ruling (Pres. Saakashvili's) "United National Movement" web site

BPG
Sep 27, 2007, 10:08:03 AM9/27/07
to geof...@googlegroups.com
So were should we collocate them? Where is the best place ? Some ideas ?