Georgian glyphs in Dejavu

Davide Viti

Dec 4, 2006, 5:43:00 PM12/4/06
to ქართული შრიფტები, Georgian Fonts
Hi,
with the upcoming release of Debian Etch, the graphical installer will
have support for
various languages, including Georgian. We use Dejavu as default font
for displaying most languages
and ttf-bpg-georgian-fonts for Georgian (see [1]); I saw some
discussion taking place on the #dejavu IRC channel, and looks like
Georgian glyphs will be added to Dejavu: it'd be excellent!
Do you have any precise plans (i.e. rough date) about this?
Please keep us up to date and thanx in advance for your work.

Regards,
Davide

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/GUIFonts

Gia Shervashidze

Dec 5, 2006, 3:16:57 AM12/5/06
to geof...@googlegroups.com
Great!
Fonts are nice.
Decision (Fonts with new charset vs one Unicode extended standard based) seems acceptable for me also.
Keyboard layout/driver issue will be arise also.

Regards,
g.\