Heron migrated to new server infra

Just van den Broecke

Nov 27, 2019, 8:01:41 AM11/27/19
to Heron Dev List
Dear Heron-users/devs

Some may have noticed many recent commits on the Heron-MC repo [1].
Reason is that we migrated the Heron website [2] and library CDN
services [3] to a new dedicated server VM using latest devops-tech like
Ansible, Docker and Traefik.

There was quite some legacy to be wrapped (autobuild on GH-commit, CGI
scripts, MapFish Print v2 [4]) and SSL/non-SSL config, but it all
succeeded. There are actually quite some Heron deployments active that
use the library services [3]. Many are non-SSL so SSL (https) is not
enforced there, only for the website. Let us know here if you find hickups.

Plans are for a Heron follow-up. I'll keep you posted on that.

[1] https://github.com/heron-mc/heron-mc
[2] https://heron-mc.org
[3] https://lib.heron-mc.org and http://lib.heron-mc.org
[4] https://github.com/justb4/docker-mapfish-print2