TOMORROW: Third Climate Restoration Forum

Renaud de RICHTER

Sep 29, 2021, 12:23:10 PM9/29/21
to Carbon Dioxide Removal, geoengineering
Conferences on several CDR methods

Be sure to register!

Dear,

We can hardly wait for this year's Climate Restoration Forum to begin tomorrow morning.

We hope you'll join us virtually tomorrow morning! Don't forget to register if you haven't already.

REGISTER

Limited Edition Recycled T-shirts are Back!

Check out our F4CR Shop to purchase our first ever Limited-Edition Forum t-shirts made from recycled materials.

SHOP

SESSIONS ON CRITICAL TOPICS

The Global Carbon Removal Partnership is planning its formal launch at COP26 in November. Its predecessor, the Global Carbon Removal Task Force, has built incredible momentum in terms of supporting the development of carbon removal markets and policies. This session will describe some of the progress and challenges that the group has faced, as well as its vision for the future.
Restoring our climate requires that we remove the excess CO2 from our atmosphere. But how can we remove it efficiently and inexpensively? And where can we put it? This session will focus on the enormous opportunities to convert CO2 into rock that can be used in myriad ways.
A growing number of voices urgently pushing for climate action has come from the passionate hearts and minds of the world’s youth! In this panel you will hear from youth leaders around the world in their efforts to change and lead the way in the climate movement and climate restoration.
The carbon offset market has emerged as way for corporations to limit their carbon footprint by purchasing credits that can remove carbon from the atmosphere. In recent months, criticisms have emerged that question whether the current marketplace is enough. During this session, we will hear from Puro.Earth, a company that is going further by selling measurable and verifiable carbon removal projects. We will learn about the challenges and opportunity as well as the emerging view from the investor community on why this work is critical.
As we explore all the various approaches that are available to us to clean-up and safely store CO2 to restore our climate, we need to remember the potential of the ocean to contribute to cleaning up legacy carbon pollution. At 70% of earth’s surface, the ocean already plays a leading role in cycling carbon and there are a number of different ways we could build on the power of the ocean to clean up and safely store carbon. Ocean Visions has spent the last year convening experts from around the globe to develop a series of technology road maps that lay out critical pathways to accelerate the development and testing of ocean-based approaches to carbon dioxide removal. This session will provide an overview of the importance of ocean-based CDR and Ocean Visions road map efforts.
While environmental justice and climate justice are becoming central to the focus of climate policy, awareness and support is continuing to grow for carbon removal to be incorporated into the strategy to curb warming to 1.5 °C. This fireside chat will discuss the importance of incorporating equity and environmental justice into the work of carbon removal while establishing pathways to do so.
The 2021 United Nations Climate Change Conference (COP26) is scheduled to be held in the city of Glasgow, Scotland this November. During this session we will hear from COP26 insiders on the latest plans for the Forum; opportunities for climate restoration to be discussed and other updates considering the  impacts of COVID-19 on the potential for a large in-person convening. Panelists will provide perspectives from both the government and civil society perspectives.
The Foundation needs a strong and vibrant network of local chapters worldwide to effect policy and change the overall response to how our communities look at climate change issues. Reducing CO2 and its footprint is going to require understanding the technology and solutions necessary to remove carbon from the stream heading into the atmosphere. Creating a space for solutions to be supported and scaling them up will help implement these changes to reach our goal of 300 parts per million of CO2 in the atmosphere in 2050.
New science shows that natural climate solutions can deliver up to a third of emissions reductions needed by 2030 while drawing down carbon and providing co-benefits to people and the planet. This session explores how innovative and cost-effective, nature-based processes can be used to combat climate change, promote environmental justice, and create new bio-economy jobs.
To restore the climate, it’s not enough to have effective solutions. In order to reach the scale needed to have a real impact, we need to create a supportive policy environment that will promote the implementation and scale-up of those solutions. The government has many opportunities to contribute to climate restoration: through its procurement power, its subsidies and tax credits, its regulations, and more. In this session, experts will discuss some of the key opportunities and challenges they see in using U.S. policy as a lever to enable large-scale carbon dioxide removal for the purpose of restoring the climate.
Faith leaders wield incredible power to shift the tides of their communities’ perspectives. When faith communities turn their attention to an issue, previously unforeseeable progress can be made. Now, faith leaders are calling upon global leaders and their own communities to take meaningful action on climate change. With faith communities as an integral part of the movement, climate restoration can come into closer focus.
This session will highlight the climate restoration solutions currently in the consumer goods marketplace. Our intention is to showcase the breadth of ways that carbon removal technologies are increasingly being utilized in goods that everyday consumers can relate with and to indicate that the “idea” of permanently removing legacy carbon from the atmosphere is happening today and growing. Understanding the journeys of these three very different companies will give our audience a better sense of their motivation as well as the shift in investor and public interest in their products. We will get their perspectives on the direction this burgeoning industry is heading along with obstacles and challenges they must overcome to meet their long-term business objectives.
In the climate restoration movement, leaders are clear that carbon dioxide removal (CDR) will need to be scaled up rapidly in order to restore the climate. New approaches will be needed to complement existing solutions in order to reach the scale needed. XPRIZE is on the leading edge of this work, creating an incentive prize with support from the Musk Foundation to support innovators developing new CDR solutions. This session will focus on the principles and lessons we can take away from this XPRIZE competition and what it means for the future of CDR.
SEE FULL AGENDA

DOZENS OF INDUSTRY-LEADING EXPERT SPEAKERS

VIEW SPEAKER LIST
The Foundation for Climate Restoration is a registered 501(c)3 nonprofit organization with EIN 82-3487365. All donations are tax-deductible to the full extent of the law.
Copyright © 2021 Foundation for Climate Restoration, All rights reserved.
You are getting this email because you signed up on the Foundation for Climate Restoration website or signed the Climate Restoration Pledge.

Our mailing address is:
Foundation for Climate Restoration
952 S Springer Rd
Los Altos, California 94024