Fwd: HCA Community call - Drs Soumitra Das & Leslie Field presentation

Ron Baiman

Aug 4, 2022, 5:16:40 PM8/4/22
to healthy-planet-action-coalition, Planetary Restoration, noac-m...@googlegroups.com, geoengineering

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: Mark Hibbert <mark...@gmail.com>
Date: August 4, 2022 at 4:36:47 AM CDT
To: Healthy Climate Alliance <healthy-clim...@googlegroups.com>, Suzanne Reed <csuzann...@gmail.com>, H simmens <hsim...@gmail.com>, Aria McKenna <ar...@globalcoolingproductions.com>, Ron Baiman <rpba...@gmail.com>, Clive Elsworth <Cl...@endorphinsoftware.co.uk>, Barbara Sneath <bjsn...@meerreflection.com>, Jane Yett <jane...@gmail.com>, Ye Tao <t...@rowland.harvard.edu>, gwil...@gmail.com, Manna Jo Greene <man...@clearwater.org>
Subject: HCA Community call - Drs Soumitra Das & Leslie Field presentation

Hello all,

A reminder that there will be a presentation by Dr Soumitra Das this Saturday between 7 to 8pm UK time.
The session will be given over to a presentation by Drs Soumitra Das & Leslie Field, entails below:

Topic:  Initiatives to Save the Himalayan Glaciers

Speaker: Dr. Soumitra Das and Dr. Leslie Field

The glaciers in the Himalayas are melting at an ever-increasing rate, creating the freshwater supply for over 2 billion people at risk.  Healthy Climate Initiative, in collaboration with Climate Foundation, Bright Ice Initiative, Climformatics, Indigenous People's Climate Justice Forum, and several other organizations, has undertaken several initiatives to protect these glaciers.  The speakers will discuss initiatives in this interactive presentation.

As always please invite others so as to expand our community and the conversation about climate restoration.

My intent is that these meeting are held every 2 weeks and are to build connections in our community, get support and ideas for challenges you face and also an opportunity for people to share about the projects they are interested in or at work on, as this provides inspiration for all.

Further guest speakers are being lined up and I will let you know as things are finalised.
BTW if you are willing to be a guest speaker please contact me, dont forget subjects can be wide ranging and can include:
  • creating political liaisons
  • Making funding requests and applications
  • How art can influence human perception and engagement to messages & movements
Hopefully that gave you all something to ponder!

Date 6/8/22, time 7 to 8pm BST OR 11 to 12am California time.

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/241622685?pwd=amk3c1FMODBuQzM4emY3L0EvdlBvUT09

Meeting ID: 241 622 685