2025 Degrees Global Forum - Date and Location Announcement

Lyndsey Croal

Jun 27, 2024, 10:13:54 AM (6 days ago) Jun 27
to geoengineering
Dear colleagues,

Please find below details of the 2025 Degrees Global Forum which will take place from 12-16th May in Cape Town (held concurrently with GeoMIP). More details for registration, submissions, and logistics will be shared later this year.
---------
The 2025 Degrees Global Forum will be the first in a series of major conferences for the solar radiation modification (SRM) community. Taking place next May in Cape Town, South Africa, the event will bring together hundreds of researchers, NGO representatives, policymakers, thought-leaders, and journalists from around the world to discuss the scientific, social, and political dimensions of SRM.

The Degrees Global Forums will emphasise the Global South in SRM dialogues. They will foreground the breadth of SRM research being done there – by both Degrees’ established modelling projects and the new social science ones that we will announce soon.

The annual meeting of the Geoengineering Model Intercomparison Project (GeoMIP) will take place at the same time and location as the Forum.

Join our mailing list or follow us on social media for upcoming announcements about the 2025 Degrees Global Forum.

We are pleased to be coordinating with the Centre for Climate Repair at the University of Cambridge. We encourage you to also look at its Arctic Repair Conference 2025, being held in Cambridge on 26-28 June 2025, and to consider attending both events.

All best,

Lyndsey Croal, Communications Manager, The Degrees Initiative