OGR_F_GetFieldAsInteger64 error with GDAL1.10 and Django 3 in Ubuntu14.04

Farook M

Jun 6, 2020, 12:04:49 AM6/6/20
to geodjango

I am using Ubuntu 14.04 for deploying a Geodjango application. Ubuntu 14.04 has GDAL 1.10 by default and i need GDAL 2+ versions for my application. Is there any way to install GDAL2 + versions in Ubuntu 14.04? I am getting the below error when i am using Django with GDAL1+version

AttributeError: /usr/lib/libgdal.so.1: undefined symbol: OGR_F_GetFieldAsInteger64

Either i need to install GDAL2+versions or need to handle this error with GDAL1.10

Claude

Jun 6, 2020, 3:41:19 AM6/6/20
to geodjango
Are you absolutely stuck with Ubuntu 14.04 (EOL now)? I think it may be less painful to upgrade to 16.04 than installing a custom GDAL version.
The alternative would be to install GDAL from source, you might find some hints here: https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/BuildingOnUnix

But unless you have a major reason to stick with 14.04, my advice would be to upgrade your OS.

Claude

Farook M

Jun 6, 2020, 5:51:29 AM6/6/20
to geodjango
Thansk for the reply. Let me try upgrading. I tried building gdal from source but it clashes with the existing postgres-postgis installed and creating postgis extension is not working.