anything new here?

Dick Fischbeck

Sep 21, 2022, 6:35:13 PM9/21/22
to Geodesic Help
What is anyone working on for shelter?

thedo...@gmail.com

Sep 21, 2022, 7:03:58 PM9/21/22
to geodes...@googlegroups.com
I’m at the end of a 33 day mission starting with Burning Man and ending with a dome restoration in Sedona, AZ.
image0.jpegimage1.jpegimage2.jpeg
Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 21, 2022, at 5:35 PM, Dick Fischbeck <dick.fi...@gmail.com> wrote:

What is anyone working on for shelter?

thedo...@gmail.com

Sep 21, 2022, 7:10:14 PM9/21/22
to geodes...@googlegroups.com
image0.jpegimage1.jpegimage2.jpegimage3.jpegimage4.jpegimage5.jpegimage6.jpegimage7.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 21, 2022, at 6:03 PM, thedo...@gmail.com wrote:

I’m at the end of a 33 day mission starting with Burning Man and ending with a dome restoration in Sedona, AZ.

thedo...@gmail.com

Sep 21, 2022, 7:28:44 PM9/21/22
to geodes...@googlegroups.com
There are hundreds and hundreds of domes at burning man

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 21, 2022, at 6:03 PM, thedo...@gmail.com wrote:

I’m at the end of a 33 day mission starting with Burning Man and ending with a dome restoration in Sedona, AZ.

Dick Fischbeck

Sep 21, 2022, 7:46:37 PM9/21/22
to geodes...@googlegroups.com
Blair, you are on the vanguard of domes in the 21st century, that's for sure! Thanks!

John Hurt

Sep 21, 2022, 9:36:24 PM9/21/22
to Geodesic Help Group
Here are some Burning Man pics.
A fellow named Jack Briggs made the clear PVC sphere inside a sphere, and also the spherical "bubble car" for BM.  I think he is using some sort of neon tube for some of the struts.
sphere1.jpgsphere3.jpgsphere5.jpgcar2.jpgcar4.jpg04.jpg05.jpg

This guy on the left is called "Nathan Voodoo".  He is a tattoo artist.
All of these guys are awesome, I get to talk to them on the phone and by email.   They are all very creative people.

thedo...@gmail.com

Sep 21, 2022, 11:17:28 PM9/21/22
to geodes...@googlegroups.com
thx Dick!
My current project is building a “Chilling Machine” ala Bucky Fuller and the Butler Grain Bin discovery of a passive cooling building. Of course I’m using a geodesic instead of the cylinder bins. I have the dome up and plywood on, plumbing in and the floor poured, and will get it shingled and closed up by winter. I hope to be Chillin’ by July.

Blair

Sent from my iPhone