UsingGeoCat

Claude Jacquot Ralazampirenena

Mar 28, 2017, 8:36:45 AM3/28/17
to GeoCAT
Hello, my name is Laza, I am a new on GeoCat from Madagascar. I looked the distribution of Ascarina coursii. GBIF said, it is only found in the north of Madagascar, but I now it is also present at Ranomafana National Park. I want to add that point on GBIF, but I do not know how to do that.
Thank you

Steven Bachman

Mar 28, 2017, 9:23:47 AM3/28/17
to GeoCAT

Hi Laza,

Thanks for using GeoCAT. Interesting find! It seems like your observation in Ranomafana is quite far away from all previous records. To add this record to geocat you can use the 'add point' button on the left hand side of the main map view - see image attached. If you want the point to be included on GBIF you would need to send the voucher to a registered GBIF data supplier. Alternatively, you can post your observation on a site like iNaturalist where you observation will be harvested by GBIF if it becomes 'research grade'. We are collating observations of plants in Madagascar using this project:

Hope that helps,

Steve