Usage Stats

Vincent Smith

Feb 28, 2012, 6:39:48 AM2/28/12
to GeoCAT
Hi All,

Do you have any usage stats on GeoCat yet, or any examples of where it
has been used in anger (e.g. publications etc)? It would be great to
keep a running list of where and how this is being used.

Best,

Vince Smith

snuroo

Feb 29, 2012, 5:32:09 AM2/29/12
to GeoCAT
Hi Vince,

We know of two papers from Kew staff that are in press or in process
of being submitted that directly use GeoCAT for assessments. We are
adding new 'support' page to GeoCAT that gives the citation for the
the ZooKeys paper and the tool, so we should now be able to do a
better job of tracking who has used it. Probably we will have
something like this: http://viceroy.eeb.uconn.edu/EstimateSPages/PubsThatCiteEstS.htm

On the stats we have Google Analytics running. Below is overview since
Jan 2012. I can send you more detailed report if you need.

1,324 Visits
577 Unique Visitors
3,089 Pageviews
2.33 Pages/Visit
00:04:09 Avg. Time on Site
41.24% Bounce Rate
38.37% % New Visits

Steve

Steven Bachman

Oct 22, 2012, 6:18:54 AM10/22/12
to geoca...@googlegroups.com

Here is a quick sneak preview of some recent work linking GeoCAT to other systems. I posted up a (very)quick demo to show you how the BRAHMS project has linked specimen data directly to GeocAT through a REST service:

This should be available on the next release of BRAHMS.

Steve