Uploading CSV file

Elham

Nov 24, 2012, 3:41:28 AM11/24/12
to geoca...@googlegroups.com
I am new to GeoCAT and have trouble uploading my CSV file. I created it according to the instructions but when I try to upload, the import button does not activate. I was wondeing if there is any way this problem can be fixed.
Thanks

Steven Bachman

Nov 24, 2012, 4:08:15 AM11/24/12
to geoca...@googlegroups.com
Hello Elham - welcome to GeoCAT. Yes, we have a problem at the moment with Internet Explorer. Even on the latest version of IE GeoCAT it is not working well. Until we can fix the problem we recommend you use another browser e.g. Firefox, Chrome or Safari. I hope that resolves your problem. Feel free to ask any other questions about using GeoCAT.

Steve

Elham Nourani

Nov 24, 2012, 4:49:35 AM11/24/12
to geoca...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for your suggestion, Steve. I used firefox and it worked!
There is just one question I have about AOO calculations. My occurance
data are at a cell size of 25x25 km and I was wondering if GeoCAT has
an option for calculating scale correction factors so that I can get
AOOs in IUCN's reference scale.

Steven Bachman

Nov 24, 2012, 6:06:37 AM11/24/12
to geoca...@googlegroups.com
At the moment we don't have a way to adjust from 25x25 km scale to the 2x2 reference scale automatically. I hope we can have this on later versions.

I think I have an excel sheet somewhere that does the conversion for you, but I'm out of the office for the next week. I'll try to get hold of that. One way to approach it is to use GeoCAT to calculate AOO value at 25 x 25 km as a maximum AOO value and then calculate AOO with GeoCAT using a 2 x2 km cell and use that as a minimum AOO value.

Steve

Elham Nourani

Nov 24, 2012, 6:34:46 AM11/24/12
to geoca...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for your support. Please let me know when you get hold of
the excel sheet.