Re: [geocatusers] Digest for geocatusers@googlegroups.com - 1 Message in 1 Topic

Vincent Smith

Mar 1, 2012, 4:26:41 AM3/1/12
to geoca...@googlegroups.com
Fantastic - thanks Steve,

It would be great if we could keep a running list of papers to demonstrate the impact software tools like these are having. It makes a big impression on reviewers and will stand us well for further grants. When you get a page going can you send out the link to the list.

Best regards,

Vince

--

Dr. Vincent S. Smith, Cybertaxonomist
The Natural History Museum, Cromwell Road, London, SW7 5BD, UK

Web: http://vsmith.info/, http://scratchpads.eu/, http://phthiraptera.info/
Skype, twitter & flickr: vsmithuk; XMPP/Jabber: vi...@vsmith.info
E-mail: vi...@vsmith.info (preferred), Tel: +44 (0) 207 942 5127, Fax: +44 (0) 207 942 5229

On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 10:27 PM, <geoca...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Group: http://groups.google.com/group/geocatusers/topics

    snuroo <stevenp...@googlemail.com> Feb 29 02:32AM -0800

    Hi Vince,

    We know of two papers from Kew staff that are in press or in process
    of being submitted that directly use GeoCAT for assessments. We are
    adding new 'support' page to GeoCAT that gives the citation for the
    the ZooKeys paper and the tool, so we should now be able to do a
    better job of tracking who has used it. Probably we will have
    something like this: http://viceroy.eeb.uconn.edu/EstimateSPages/PubsThatCiteEstS.htm

    On the stats we have Google Analytics running. Below is overview since
    Jan 2012. I can send you more detailed report if you need.

    1,324 Visits
    577 Unique Visitors
    3,089 Pageviews
    2.33 Pages/Visit
    00:04:09 Avg. Time on Site
    41.24% Bounce Rate
    38.37% % New Visits

    Steve

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Group geocatusers.
You can post via email.
To unsubscribe from this group, send an empty message.
For more options, visit this group.

Steven Bachman

May 14, 2012, 6:30:10 AM5/14/12
to geoca...@googlegroups.com

We don't have a page set up to track these yet, but so far there are two references for the GeoCAT, including the first known publication using GeoCAT as tool for Red List assessments:

Smith V, Penev L (2011) Collaborative electronic infrastructures to accelerate taxonomic research. ZooKeys 150: 1-3. doi: 10.3897/zookeys.150.2458
http://www.pensoft.net/J_FILES/1/articles/2458/2458-G-3-layout.pdf

Galanthus panjutinii sp. nov.: a new name for an invalidly published species of Galanthus (Amaryllidaceae) from the northern Colchis area of Western Transcaucasia
DMITRIY A. ZUBOV & AARON P. DAVIS

http://www.mapress.com/phytotaxa/content/2012/1/pt00050p063.pdf

Thanks Aaron, hopefully many more to come!

Please do cite the tool if you use it for any publications that include red list assessments.

thanks

Steve