Geo4LibCamp 2024 - Save the Date!

Ryan Mattke

Oct 3, 2023, 1:02:01 PM10/3/23
to geo4l...@lists.stanford.edu, GeoBlacklight Working Group, gis...@u.washington.edu, Maps, Air Photo, GIS Forum - Map Librarianship

Hello All!

We are starting to plan for Geo4LibCamp 2024!

Geo4LibCamp is the annual conference for librarians & library technologists working with or supporting the use of maps and spatial data. The conference will be an in-person event.

We plan to offer video of the keynote speech and potentially selected lightning talks.

Where: University of Minnesota, Minneapolis

When: May 20-24, 2024

Website: https://geo4libcamp.org/

In order to gauge interest, block hotel rooms, and plan venues accordingly, we need input from all of you! Please fill out this brief form to let us know how likely you are to attend. If possible please fill out the form by Wednesday, October 18th, 2023

More specifically, Geo4LibCamp is a hands-on meeting to bring together those building repository services for geospatial data. The main focus is to share best-practices, solve common problems, and address technical issues with integrating geospatial data into a repository and associated services. For the purposes of the camp, we broadly define geospatial data from scanned maps and aerial photography to highly structured geodata. The camp is structured as an unconference with suggested topics coming from the participants, but we will also have a few prepared sessions and a keynote.

More details and registration information will follow later on this fall.

Thanks,

Geo4LibCamp Planning Committee

Ryan Mattke

Oct 16, 2023, 4:54:00 PM10/16/23
to geo4l...@lists.stanford.edu, GeoBlacklight Working Group, gis...@u.washington.edu, btaa-geospati...@googlegroups.com
Just a reminder -- please respond by Wednesday, October 18!

Please also respond if you do not think you will be able to attend.