GeoBI

Martinet Anthony

Feb 11, 2010, 7:32:05 AM2/11/10
to geobi
Hello,
I'm a french student and I work on a project for a company specialized
in GIS and BI.
Until now these two "worlds" are separated, for the moment they have
no link between them.
That's why we are looking at your project GeoBI which answer our
questions exactly.
I have already looked at SpagoBI 2.4 (with geoReport) and Spatialytics
solution (Geokettle, GeoMondrian and SOLAplayers known as
spatialytics).
If I understand, SpagoBI is unidirectional svg : map to BI (chart ..).
I have already installed Mondrian and navigate into datacubes, then we
have looked to geoMondrian but we have some problems.
When SOLAplayers is deployed, we can see and click on the map but it
seems there is no data on it.
I read some discussions of this group and CDF (pentaho) is often used,
I can see geoReport on a picture with CDF.

We have map files like SVG and geospatial databases like postgre
(postgis).
Actually, we want to show to the company :
"In this scenario the BI will provide the ability to view complex
analysis results on the map, and the WebGIS (GIS) the possibility to
use BI tools to aggregate data."
BI => GIS : GeOLAP
GIS=> BI : GeoReport

Which tools do we have to use to show the bidirectional link between
GIS and BI ?

Thank you for helping us.

Fabio D'Ovidio

Feb 12, 2010, 3:28:35 AM2/12/10
to ge...@googlegroups.com
Hello Martinet,
INOVA is the leader company of OpenGeoBI initiative [1] and we developed
in particular two applications:

1. GeoReport to execute reports from WebGIS interface inside a BI
platform (e.g. Pentaho, SpagoBI)
2. GeOLAP (during the GSoC 2009 [2]) in order to navigate an OLAP
cube directly from a cartographic map and, at the same time,
navigate other dimensions (different from spatial one) from the Pivot

...I'll continue as following....

Martinet Anthony ha scritto:

> I have already looked at SpagoBI 2.4 (with geoReport) and Spatialytics
> solution (Geokettle, GeoMondrian and SOLAplayers known as
> spatialytics).
> If I understand, SpagoBI is unidirectional svg : map to BI (chart ..).

No! With SpagoBI you can use GeoReport as an internal engine and so you
can use a WebGIS OGC compliant client.
SVG is another engine (graphical and not cartographic engine) of SpagoBI
Platform.
So, try to use SpagoBIGeoReportEngine [3] and not SpagoBIGeoEngine.

> I have already installed Mondrian and navigate into datacubes, then we
> have looked to geoMondrian but we have some problems.
> When SOLAplayers is deployed, we can see and click on the map but it
> seems there is no data on it.
> I read some discussions of this group and CDF (pentaho) is often used,
> I can see geoReport on a picture with CDF.
>
> We have map files like SVG and geospatial databases like postgre
> (postgis).
> Actually, we want to show to the company :
> "In this scenario the BI will provide the ability to view complex
> analysis results on the map, and the WebGIS (GIS) the possibility to
> use BI tools to aggregate data."
> BI => GIS : GeOLAP
> GIS=> BI : GeoReport
>
> Which tools do we have to use to show the bidirectional link between
> GIS and BI ?

You can download SpagoBI 2.4 with demo examples and here you can try
GeoReport engine [4]
Than, you can try also GeOLAP module but at the moment the only
implementation is for Pentaho [5].
Anyway you can try Geomondrian with Spatialytics where you want (as
stand alone application. It works fine!) [6].

Let me know!

[1] www.geobi.org
[2] http://www.geobi.org/2009/08/gsoc-2009-pencils-down.html
[3] http://www.geobi.org/2010/02/spagobigeoreportengine-on-slideshare.html