Geobi Interesting framework. Installation Issues

ebiosca

Mar 5, 2009, 8:35:47 AM3/5/09
to geobi
Hi,

Congratulations for your develop and integration.It's a very
interesting "framework" to join the BI and
spatial data visualization worlds.

I'm trying to install GeoBI in my local machine because I'm very
interested in your framework functionalities.

I read the installation guide and I followed all steps of
instalation.
(PostgreSQL+PostGIS,geoServer, compile GlasFish,copy files,add
libreris Json,...)

I configured the new datasource geobi in geoServer.
I tried the sample Xaction mapOpen4.xaction and it works.
The dashboard doesn't work and the log not display information about
errors.

I installed geoBI in:

Pentaho 1.7.1
Tomcat 5.5
PostgreSQL 8.3
Glasfish and geoserver ( the document indicated versions)

I'm very interested in this "framework"

You can help me with the instalation?

Thank you in advance

(Sorry for my english)

Enric Biosca
enric...@gmail.com

Fabio D'Ovidio

Mar 5, 2009, 8:44:27 AM3/5/09
to ge...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
thank you very much!

We are working hard to improve GeoReport and develop the other modules.

First of all, are u using Linux?
If yes, there are some instructions that we must update on the document.

For example, you must change the name of "geobi" directory under
/pentaho-solutions/system/ in "GeoBI".
Please, try this or enable your firebug to tell us the error on the
client side.

Thank you again!

--
Fabio D'Ovidio
Geospatial solutions

INOVA s.r.l.
Web : http://www.inovaos.it
Tel.: 081 197 57 600
mail: fabiod...@gmail.com

ebiosca

Mar 5, 2009, 9:12:23 AM3/5/09
to geobi
Hello,

I'm using windows. I detected this and I tried with geoBI and geobi
and the result are the same.

The Aplications logs not registered errors.

The firefox says:

Error: Ext is not defined
File: http://localhost:8080/pentaho/Dashboards?dashboard=GeoBI
Line: 176

and other equal error

Error: Ext is not defined
File: http://localhost:8080/pentaho/Dashboards?dashboard=GeoBI
Line: 302

and the code of this lines is :

// reference local blank image
Ext.BLANK_IMAGE_URL = 'js/mapfish/client/mfbase/ext/resources/images/
default/s.gif';
//TOOLBAR

and
//<![CDATA[
Ext.onReady(function() {
Ext.state.Manager.setProvider(new Ext.state.CookieProvider());

I read the code but I don't find Ext definition.

Can you help me please.

Thank you very much

Enric
On Mar 5, 2:44 pm, Fabio D'Ovidio <fabiodovi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> thank you very much!
>
> We are working hard to improve GeoReport and develop the other modules.
>
> First of all, are u using Linux?
> If yes, there are some instructions that we must update on the document.
>
> For example, you must change the name of "geobi" directory under
> /pentaho-solutions/system/ in "GeoBI".
> Please, try this or enable your firebug to tell us the error on the
> client side.
>
> Thank you again!
>
> --
> Fabio D'Ovidio
> Geospatial solutions
>
> INOVA s.r.l.
> Web :http://www.inovaos.it
> Tel.: 081 197 57 600
> mail: fabiodovi...@gmail.com
> > enricbio...@gmail.com

ebiosca

Mar 5, 2009, 9:34:35 AM3/5/09
to geobi
The content of my geobi.xml is equal to sample xml I just changed

<url>http://127.0.0.1:8080/geoserver</url>

It's correct this change?

Fabio D'Ovidio

Mar 5, 2009, 9:35:44 AM3/5/09
to ge...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

ebiosca ha scritto:
> Hello,
>
> I'm using windows. I detected this and I tried with geoBI and geobi
> and the result are the same.

Ok.
On Windows there are no differences for "geobi" or "GeoBI". On Linux is
different and you must change it.

> The Aplications logs not registered errors.
>
> The firefox says:
>
> Error: Ext is not defined
> File: http://localhost:8080/pentaho/Dashboards?dashboard=GeoBI
> Line: 176
>
> and other equal error
>
> Error: Ext is not defined
> File: http://localhost:8080/pentaho/Dashboards?dashboard=GeoBI
> Line: 302
>
> and the code of this lines is :
>
> // reference local blank image
> Ext.BLANK_IMAGE_URL = 'js/mapfish/client/mfbase/ext/resources/images/
> default/s.gif';
> //TOOLBAR
>
> and
> //<![CDATA[
> Ext.onReady(function() {
> Ext.state.Manager.setProvider(new Ext.state.CookieProvider());
>
> I read the code but I don't find Ext definition.
>
> Can you help me please.

Sure!! (I'm going to consider JBOSS as in the INSTALLATION MANUAL).

The error means that there are some problems coming from installation
because the main page is not able to find resources in

/${JBOSS_HOME}/server/default/deploy/pentaho.war/js/mapFish//

So, are your template.html paths congruent with mapfish installation
under pentaho?
Your template.html file should contains all javascript paths as following:

js/mapfish/..........

(e.g.:
<script type="text/javascript"
src="js/mapfish/client/mfbase/ext/adapter/ext/ext-base.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript"
src="js/mapfish/client/mfbase/ext/ext-all.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript"
src="js/mapfish/client/mfbase/openlayers/lib/OpenLayers.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript"
src="js/mapfish/client/mfbase/mapfish/MapFish.js"></script>

<!-- EXT colorField Extent -->
<script type="text/javascript"
src="js/mapfish/client/mfbase/ext-community-extensions/color-field.js"
></script>
)

so, does
/${JBOSS_HOME}/server/default/deploy/pentaho.war/js/mapFish/client/mfbase
exists ?

Could you check please?

Thank you!
/

--
Fabio D'Ovidio
Geospatial solutions

INOVA s.r.l.
Web : http://www.inovaos.it
Tel.: 081 197 57 600
mail: fabiod...@gmail.com

Fabio D'Ovidio

Mar 5, 2009, 9:42:28 AM3/5/09
to ge...@googlegroups.com

ebiosca ha scritto:

> The content of my geobi.xml is equal to sample xml I just changed
>
> <url>http://127.0.0.1:8080/geoserver</url>
>
> It's correct this change?

No, you must only set the URL of the server, so:

<url>http://127.0.0.1:8080</url>

--
Fabio D'Ovidio
Geospatial solutions

INOVA s.r.l.
Web : http://www.inovaos.it
Tel.: 081 197 57 600

mail: fabiod...@gmail.com

ebiosca

Mar 5, 2009, 10:30:17 AM3/5/09
to geobi
Thank You for your help!

I defined wrong the path of js/mapfish/client. I modified the name of
my directories and it's work!

Now I can see the map but is always loading data and don't display any
information in the map... I think it's problem of comunication between
geoserver and mapfish.

¿Any idea of the new problems?

Thank you for alll

Enric
> mail: fabiodovi...@gmail.com

Fabio D'Ovidio

Mar 5, 2009, 10:44:24 AM3/5/09
to ge...@googlegroups.com

ebiosca ha scritto:

> Thank You for your help!
>
> I defined wrong the path of js/mapfish/client. I modified the name of
> my directories and it's work!

Very good !! :-)

> Now I can see the map but is always loading data and don't display any
> information in the map... I think it's problem of comunication between
> geoserver and mapfish.
>
> ¿Any idea of the new problems?

Yes, sure! Are u sure that your data in geoserver were set in the right way?
What happens if you type in your browser:

http://localhost:8080/geoserver/wfs?request=GetFeature&typename=topp:capoluoghi&outputformat=json&version=1.0.0

Are you able to show GeoJSON for capoluoghi? Are you using sample data
or other ones? In this case pay attention in setting the geocode!

Could you give me firebug erros please?

Thanks

--
Fabio D'Ovidio
Geospatial solutions

INOVA s.r.l.
Web : http://www.inovaos.it
Tel.: 081 197 57 600

mail: fabiod...@gmail.com

ebiosca

Mar 5, 2009, 10:59:31 AM3/5/09
to geobi
You are the Boss!!

the service response says:

<ServiceExceptionReport version="1.2.0" xsi:schemaLocation="http://
www.opengis.net/ogc http://schemas.opengis.net/wfs/1.0.0/OGC-exception.xsd">
<ServiceException code="InvalidParameterValue" locator="typeName">
Feature type topp:capoluoghi unknown
</ServiceException>
</ServiceExceptionReport>

I defined geoserver data store GeoBI like postGIS data store but the
geoserver log says:

2009-03-05 16:55:46,281 INFO [geoserver.wfs] -
Request: getServiceInfo
2009-03-05 16:55:46,281 ERROR [geoserver.ows] -
org.geoserver.wfs.WFSException: Feature type topp:capoluoghi unknown

And the other side pentaho.log says about json:
org.json.JSONException: A JSONObject text must begin with '{' at
character 1
at org.json.JSONTokener.syntaxError(JSONTokener.java:496)
at org.json.JSONObject.<init>(JSONObject.java:180)
at org.json.JSONObject.<init>(JSONObject.java:403)
at org.mapfish.geo.MfGeoJSONReader.decode(MfGeoJSONReader.java:56)
at org.apache.jsp.jsp.MapOl_jsp._jspService(MapOl_jsp.java:204)

You can help me a little bit!!

Thank you for all

On Mar 5, 4:44 pm, Fabio D'Ovidio <fabiodovi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ebiosca ha scritto:> Thank You for your help!
>
> > I defined wrong the path of js/mapfish/client. I modified the name of
> > my directories and it's work!
>
> Very good !! :-)
>
> > Now I can see the map but is always loading data and don't display any
> > information in the map... I think it's problem of comunication between
> > geoserver and mapfish.
>
> > ¿Any idea of the new problems?
>
> Yes, sure! Are u sure that your data in geoserver were set in the right way?
> What happens if you type in your browser:
>
> http://localhost:8080/geoserver/wfs?request=GetFeature&typename=topp:...
>
> Are you able to show GeoJSON for capoluoghi? Are you using sample data
> or other ones? In this case pay attention in setting the geocode!
>
> Could you give me firebug erros please?
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> Fabio D'Ovidio
> Geospatial solutions
>
> INOVA s.r.l.
> Web :http://www.inovaos.it
> Tel.: 081 197 57 600
> mail: fabiodovi...@gmail.com

ebiosca

Mar 5, 2009, 11:02:09 AM3/5/09
to geobi
I use the demo data script and the Xaction runs.

The firefox says:

Error: invalid array length
Fitxer font: http://localhost:8080/pentaho/js/mapfish/client/mfbase/mapfish/core/GeoStat/Choropleth.js
Línia: 158

and this is the code of line 158.

var boundsArray = this.classification.getBoundsArray();
var rules = new Array(boundsArray.length - 1);
for (var i = 0; i < boundsArray.length -1; i++) {

I think its normal because we don't have data to display....

On Mar 5, 4:44 pm, Fabio D'Ovidio <fabiodovi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ebiosca ha scritto:> Thank You for your help!
>
> > I defined wrong the path of js/mapfish/client. I modified the name of
> > my directories and it's work!
>
> Very good !! :-)
>
> > Now I can see the map but is always loading data and don't display any
> > information in the map... I think it's problem of comunication between
> > geoserver and mapfish.
>
> > ¿Any idea of the new problems?
>
> Yes, sure! Are u sure that your data in geoserver were set in the right way?
> What happens if you type in your browser:
>
> http://localhost:8080/geoserver/wfs?request=GetFeature&typename=topp:...
>
> Are you able to show GeoJSON for capoluoghi? Are you using sample data
> or other ones? In this case pay attention in setting the geocode!
>
> Could you give me firebug erros please?
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> Fabio D'Ovidio
> Geospatial solutions
>
> INOVA s.r.l.
> Web :http://www.inovaos.it
> Tel.: 081 197 57 600
> mail: fabiodovi...@gmail.com

Fabio D'Ovidio

Mar 5, 2009, 11:04:32 AM3/5/09
to ge...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

ebiosca ha scritto:

> You are the Boss!!
>
> the service response says:
>
> <ServiceExceptionReport version="1.2.0" xsi:schemaLocation="http://
> www.opengis.net/ogc http://schemas.opengis.net/wfs/1.0.0/OGC-exception.xsd">
> <ServiceException code="InvalidParameterValue" locator="typeName">
> Feature type topp:capoluoghi unknown
> </ServiceException>
> </ServiceExceptionReport>
>
> I defined geoserver data store GeoBI like postGIS data store but the
> geoserver log says:
>
> 2009-03-05 16:55:46,281 INFO [geoserver.wfs] -
> Request: getServiceInfo
> 2009-03-05 16:55:46,281 ERROR [geoserver.ows] -
> org.geoserver.wfs.WFSException: Feature type topp:capoluoghi unknown

After you create a new data store, you must define and set a FeatureType
"capoluoghi" as a new featuretype in geoserver.
did u di that? it seems not :-(
Please, read here: http://geoserver.org/display/GEOSDOC/4+FeatureType+Config

--
Fabio D'Ovidio
Geospatial solutions

INOVA s.r.l.
Web : http://www.inovaos.it
Tel.: 081 197 57 600

mail: fabiod...@gmail.com

ebiosca

Mar 5, 2009, 11:15:47 AM3/5/09
to geobi
Thank you!!

I look this in the demo video but i don't know the parameters of
FeatureType....
Can you help me another, another, another time :D

Thank you

On Mar 5, 5:04 pm, Fabio D'Ovidio <fabiodovi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> ebiosca ha scritto:
>

> > You are the Boss!!
>
> > the service response says:
>
> > <ServiceExceptionReport version="1.2.0" xsi:schemaLocation="http://
> >www.opengis.net/ogchttp://schemas.opengis.net/wfs/1.0.0/OGC-exception.xsd">
> > <ServiceException code="InvalidParameterValue" locator="typeName">
> >       Feature type topp:capoluoghi unknown
> > </ServiceException>
> > </ServiceExceptionReport>
>
> > I defined geoserver data store GeoBI like postGIS data store but the
> > geoserver log says:
>
> > 2009-03-05 16:55:46,281 INFO [geoserver.wfs] -
> > Request: getServiceInfo
> > 2009-03-05 16:55:46,281 ERROR [geoserver.ows] -
> > org.geoserver.wfs.WFSException: Feature type topp:capoluoghi unknown
>
> After you create a new data store, you must define and set a FeatureType
> "capoluoghi" as a new featuretype in geoserver.
> did u di that? it seems not :-(
> Please, read here:http://geoserver.org/display/GEOSDOC/4+FeatureType+Config
>
> --
> Fabio D'Ovidio
> Geospatial solutions
>
> INOVA s.r.l.
> Web :http://www.inovaos.it
> Tel.: 081 197 57 600
> mail: fabiodovi...@gmail.com

Fabio D'Ovidio

Mar 5, 2009, 11:26:53 AM3/5/09
to ge...@googlegroups.com
After you have created your Data store, type featuretype and after "New".
In the select menu a list starting with "GeoBI::" appears (if GeoBI is
the name of your Datastore),
and choose "GeoBI::capoluoghi", than set a 4326 EPSG code and click
"generate", after do submit, that's all!

ebiosca ha scritto:
mail: fabiod...@gmail.com

geos.PNG

ebiosca

Mar 5, 2009, 11:50:21 AM3/5/09
to geobi
It works!

Thank you so much and congratulations another time for your excelent
integration work!

Can I help you in something?
Can I do something for GeoBI?

I work in Stratebi the Spanish Pentaho Partner and we are interested
in this features and the integration with CDF.
Will follow geoBI with interest in the future.

Regards

Enric

On Mar 5, 5:26 pm, Fabio D'Ovidio <fabiodovi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> After you have created your Data store, type featuretype and after "New".
> In the select menu a list starting with "GeoBI::" appears (if GeoBI is
> the name of your Datastore),
> and choose "GeoBI::capoluoghi", than set a 4326 EPSG code and click
> "generate", after do submit, that's all!
>
> ebiosca ha scritto:
>

> > Thank you!!
>
> > I look this in the demo video but i don't know the parameters of
> > FeatureType....
> > Can you help me another, another, another time :D
>
> > Thank you
>
> > On Mar 5, 5:04 pm, Fabio D'Ovidio <fabiodovi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> mail: fabiodovi...@gmail.com
>
>  geos.PNG
> 59KViewDownload

Fabio D'Ovidio

Mar 5, 2009, 12:00:23 PM3/5/09
to ge...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

ebiosca ha scritto:
> It works!

Good!!

> Thank you so much and congratulations another time for your excelent
> integration work!

Thank you very much, but remember that GeoReport is the first prototype
and it is only a module of the whole platform GeoBI so we are goingo to
start with the implementation for GeOLAP very soon!

> Can I help you in something?
> Can I do something for GeoBI?

We are starting with the integration of Georeport in CDF, so you could
help us for this!!

Thank you in advance!
We are going to create a new component like "map" one for OpenLayers.
Have u never tryed to use it?

> I work in Stratebi the Spanish Pentaho Partner and we are interested
> in this features and the integration with CDF.
> Will follow geoBI with interest in the future.

Very good, we need help ;-)

Thank u very much again!

--
Fabio D'Ovidio
Geospatial solutions

INOVA s.r.l.
Web : http://www.inovaos.it
Tel.: 081 197 57 600

mail: fabiod...@gmail.com

ELKHATTABI Imane

Apr 20, 2015, 9:03:01 AM4/20/15
to ge...@googlegroups.com
Hello

I know this is an old discusssion.Excuse me for that
.

But i'd like to know if it's possible to user GeoReport with Pentaho and a  GIS server other than Geoserver.Also , where can i find the latest version?

Thanks for your help