Request surface / parcel area for specific EGRID

Max

Aug 16, 2023, 10:56:14 AM8/16/23
to GeoAdminCh API
Hello,

i hope i did not overlook this but i could neither find an answer in the geoadmin api documentation nor in this forum.

Is there any request (or downloadable dataset) to get the surface area (e.g. in square metres) for an EGRID parcel?

It seems the surface area can be retrieved per EGRID via https://www.cadastre.ch/de/oereb.html
(in the downloadable PDFs for the parcel is a surface area per egrid in m2) but so far i could find a request or daatset to achieve this.

Thanks in advance and kind regards
Max

Pascal Barth

Aug 17, 2023, 2:54:26 AM8/17/23
to geoadm...@googlegroups.com
Hello Max,

Sadly we do not store this information on our side, you can only retrieve the "official" surface area by requesting the Kanton's service (and yes it is certainly found at the first page of the PDF).
If what you wish to do with this surface area isn't meant to be extra precise, you could maybe calculate it yourself from the polygon we provide through our identify service.

Best regards,
Pascal

Pascal Barth

Aug 17, 2023, 3:02:28 AM8/17/23
to geoadm...@googlegroups.com
Hello again,

Just a quick notice that we will investigate if we can provide this information in our services, as we have it in our database, we do not expose it though... We must ask the data owner first, I'll inform you if something moves about this.

Best regards,
Pascal

Max

Aug 17, 2023, 9:45:50 AM8/17/23
to GeoAdminCh API
Hello Pascal

thanks a lot for your quick reply! I will try to find out more regarding your suggestion to calculate the area from the polygon - never done this before.
It would be great of course if you could offer this information in your services if you already have it in the database - looking forward to hear from you if the data owner agrees =)

Thanks and best regards
Max

Pascal Barth

Aug 18, 2023, 2:01:20 AM8/18/23
to geoadm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Max,

So, as usual with this kind of stuff, it's more complicated that what it appears to be at first glance.
We do store a value for surface, but that is derived from a geometry that is not "official" per say, it's an estimated area, not EXACTLY the one that could be (or have been) measured by surveyors.

With that said, the data owner doesn't want to expose this (yet), as it's an unofficial value that lacks accuracy and the "official" stamp.

On the other hand, we have tried a couple parcel on our side, and calculated the area and compared it to the official one, if you are no surveyor (with this knack for precision to the absolute limit) you should be able to live with it.
Regarding calculating the area of the polygon, if you are developing your tool/app with Javascript, there is already plethora of well established (and mathematically accurate) library to help you with geometry manipulation, one such example would be https://turfjs.org/

Best regards,
Pascal

Max

Aug 18, 2023, 9:12:47 AM8/18/23
to GeoAdminCh API
Hi Pascal

thank you very much for your detailed reply. I will definitely test the polygon calculation.

Looking forward to see how the geoadmin api services will develop in the future. Wish you much success and best regards,
Max