Searching ZIP and City with WGS84 doesn't work anymore

Testy Caracal

Aug 17, 2022, 10:03:54 AM8/17/22
to GeoAdminCh API
Dear team,

We have an application that uses the identity API to retrieve the city from given WGS84 coordinates.
Layer : ch.swisstopo-vd.ortschaftenverzeichnis_plz (no tolerance needed)

Since August 11, each API call returns an empty result, for example :

https://api3.geo.admin.ch/rest/services/api/MapServer/identify?geometryType=esriGeometryPoint&geometry=46.227813,7.355669&imageDisplay=1,1,1&mapExtent=0,0,0,0&tolerance=0&layers=all:ch.swisstopo-vd.ortschaftenverzeichnis_plz&returnGeometry=false&sr=4326

I just found that using LV03 instead works and give the right result.

Is there any issue at your side with WGS84 ?

Thanks in advance,

Testyca

David...@swisstopo.ch

Aug 17, 2022, 10:29:34 AM8/17/22
to geoadm...@googlegroups.com

Hi

Seems to be the same issue (solved) as in https://groups.google.com/g/geoadmin-api/c/tpqf35xyJxg

Testy Caracal

Aug 18, 2022, 3:00:14 AM8/18/22
to GeoAdminCh API
Thanks for the quick answer.

I already read this conversation before posting but I think it is not the same issue.

The layer I use don't need tolerance at all (there is only one possible result for a coordinate) then, according to the documentation, both mapExtent and imageDisplay are optional when tolerance=0 (as in my query). My issue is I don't get any result at all with WGS84 (exact same query and parameters work with LV03) and don't understand why, and why it worked before 11 August.

Any explanation ? Or could you modify my query to make it work with WGS84 (the result should be the city of Sion) ?

Thx

David...@swisstopo.ch

Aug 18, 2022, 3:55:46 AM8/18/22
to geoadm...@googlegroups.com, tic...@bgdi.ch

Hi

we are analyzing this internally with ticket issue [BGDIINF_SB-2555] and come back to you

David

Brice Schaffner

Aug 18, 2022, 4:48:27 AM8/18/22
to GeoAdminCh API
Hi Testyca

You must swatch the latitude,longitude to longitude,latitude in your request. The mapExtent and imageDisplay are not required, so change your request as follow:

What I don't understand, is that it should have never worked providing the geometry as latitude,longitude !

Best regards

Brice