Embedded cartographic window (ECW) in the Federal Register of Buildings and Dwellings

Mariano Bonriposi

Jan 13, 2022, 8:46:57 AM1/13/22
to GeoAdminCh API

Hi GeoAdmin Team

We have a small problem with your embedded cartographic window (ECW) in the Federal Register of Buildings and Dwellings web application.

In order to do their job, the municipalities must enter some information concerning a construction project in our web application, in particular the parcel number, and then go to the ECW. In most cases, there is absolutely no problem: the ECW shows the correct municipality and the correct parcel.

However, sometimes the ECW does not show the correct municipality. For example, if the parcel number is equal to “5”, the ECW shows another municipality, the one with survey service number "5".

Could you check this please?

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

Best Regards,
Mariano Bonriposi

David...@swisstopo.ch

Jan 13, 2022, 9:33:37 AM1/13/22
to geoadm...@googlegroups.com

Due to mergers of municipalities, it can occur that a parcel number occurs several times in a political municipality.

The distinction (AV and land register) of the number is made in each case via the BFS no., land register circle and parcel number. With this combination the parcel numbers are unique.

In some municipalities, the land register circle is also integrated into the parcel number.

David