Service is often not responding in the night or has bad performance

Christian Dobbert

Oct 18, 2021, 7:01:05 PM10/18/21
to GeoAdminCh API
Hi GeoAdmin Team,

we are using the geo service api for address look ups since more than two years and are very happy with the performance and results so far. The response time for our request is usually between 200-400ms.

Unfortunately since a few month, starting around march this year, we get more timeouts and very slow responses (several seconds often more that 8 sec) in the night, usually between 1am and 3am (MEZ). We have a very low throughput of usually just a few requests per minute.

Christian

David...@swisstopo.ch

Oct 19, 2021, 1:43:13 AM10/19/21
to geoadm...@googlegroups.com
Hi

We are working on a fix
The reduced performance is due to nightly updates of a specific dataset - which significantly increased in size

We apologize for any inconvenience

David for the geoadmin team

GeoAdminCh API

Nov 29, 2021, 2:45:38 AM11/29/21
to GeoAdminCh API
Still an issue?

Christian Dobbert

Dec 2, 2021, 8:52:08 AM12/2/21
to GeoAdminCh API
Thanks for your replay. We monitored the situation and for now I can confirm that since November we haven't seen the issues anymore.