Coordinate-Format for closures changed

Christoph Steinweg

Sep 1, 2022, 10:18:09 AM9/1/22
to GeoAdminCh API
Hi,
we're importing your closures into our platform (outdooractive.com) with this JSON-File evrery night: https://data.geo.admin.ch/ch.astra.wanderland-sperrungen_umleitungen/json/4326/ch.astra.wanderland-sperrungen_umleitungen.json

since tonight we get a different coordinate-format (not WGS84 anymore) which causes huge problems on our platform. For example the closure with ID 472 had the geometry

"geometry": {
"type": "Point",
"coordinates": [
8.1692244242,
]
},

yesterday, and today we get

 "geometry": {
"type": "Point",
"coordinates": [
16,
-25
]
},

is there a bug on your side, or was this change on purpose?

Thanks for your help

Christoph Steinweg

David...@swisstopo.ch

Sep 1, 2022, 10:29:39 AM9/1/22
to geoadm...@googlegroups.com

 "geometry": {

"type": "Point",

"coordinates": [

16,

-25

]

Does occur?, since at the time of writing this is not (anymore) the case in the json

Christoph Steinweg

Sep 2, 2022, 1:06:34 AM9/2/22
to GeoAdminCh API
Hi,

thanks for your answer. It seems to be fixed for now. I've requested the JSON multiple times yesterday and every closure has delivered the wrong coordinates (at least since 3AM).
Do you have an idea, how this was possible? As mentioned before it caused a lot of trouble for us

Best Regards

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

David...@swisstopo.ch

Sep 2, 2022, 1:57:37 AM9/2/22
to geoadm...@googlegroups.com

Root cause now clear:

This was an unintended, temporary problem due to data model change for this dataset ongoing in the backend of *geo.admin.ch, which is foreseen to go live next week on September 7th 2022

We apologize for any trouble we caused

David

David...@swisstopo.ch

Sep 2, 2022, 4:05:15 AM9/2/22
to geoadm...@googlegroups.com

And please do mind that a data model change , as announced on june 29th 2022 https://api.geo.admin.ch/releasenotes/index.html#release-20220629-wednesday-june-29th-2022 will take effect on

September 7th 2022:

Attributes to be removed: content_provider, reason, state_validate, type, url1_text.

Attributes to be added: content_provider_de, content_provider_fr, content_provider_it, content_provider_en, reason_de, reason_fr, reason_it, reason_en, state_validate_de, state_validate_fr, state_validate_it, state_validate_en (all text instead of coded values), route_nr, segment_nr, type_de, type_fr, type_it, type_en

GeoAdminCh API

Sep 6, 2022, 3:21:18 AM9/6/22
to GeoAdminCh API
Dear user
Here attached an example JSON with the new structure which will be live on data.geo.admin.ch from tomorrow, Wed Sept. 7th on.
Hope it helps
BR Team geo.admin.ch

ch.astra.wanderland-sperrungen_umleitungen_new.json

GeoAdminCh API

Sep 6, 2022, 3:24:07 AM9/6/22
to GeoAdminCh API
Precision: the new downloads will be avaliable the first time from Thursday morning, Sept. 8th on. CHSDI and mapviewer will have the new structure from Sept 7th on.