Swisstopo VecTile Buildings at zoom > 13?

Stefan Pauwels

Apr 21, 2021, 5:13:03 AM4/21/21
to GeoAdminCh API
Hello

I would like to show the area of cities/places coloured in at zoom levels smaller than 13. Buildings only render at zoom level 13 and above, it seems. Is there a layer for that or any other way to achieve this?

As a (bad) example: The following image shows the "extent" of the town in orange. Something like that would be nice. And as the user zooms in, it could switch to the buildings layer at z13.

Bildschirmfoto 2021-04-21 um 11.10.50.png

Thanks, Stefan

Stefan Pauwels

Apr 21, 2021, 5:52:27 AM4/21/21
to GeoAdminCh API
I just saw that there is something like that in the openstreetmap source: Layer "landuse", class "residential".
Unfortunately this doesn't seem to exist with the swisstopo service.

Sebastian Denier

Apr 21, 2021, 12:40:45 PM4/21/21
to GeoAdminCh API
Hi Stefan

Yes you are correct, for the light base map vectortiles, there is no landuse "residential" because we saw no need for it in the light base map product.
We are working on an additonal vector tileset which includes much more data, than the lbm including landuse "residential".

Kind regards,
Sebastian Denier
GIS-developer @ swisstopo

Stefan Pauwels

Feb 11, 2022, 7:35:11 AMFeb 11
to GeoAdminCh API
Hi Sebastian,

are there any news regarding the landuse="residential" layer or the new tileset?
Many thanks!
Stefan