Adios to the 1965 Raleigh Sports

gonzojb

Mar 5, 2024, 1:46:06 PMMar 5
to gentlema...@googlegroups.com
If this is inappropriate for this group, please feel free to delete it.

After realizing that I never will be able to do the Lake Pepin ride and that my Super Course mutt or my International will get through the ABCE, I’m selling my 1965 Raleigh Sports 3-speed. I hope I can list it here in case there is anyone who needs a good bike for the Lake Pepin ride.   Here is how I’ve listed it:

For Sale is a nice vintage 1965 Raleigh Sports 3-speed men’s bicycle. The bike was completely  reworked a few years ago, but it has since been ridden sparingly - the past two years it has been suspended from the rafters. It is in really nice condition for a bike from 1965, but there is some typical wear and tear on the bike. The bike is completely stock (as far as I can tell) with the exception of the handlebar grips. The pedals are in great shape, the Brooks B72 saddle is in great condition with one scuff mark, The original bell works, the original mirror reflects, the tires are new, and the bike shifts and rides very nicely. This bike has a larger frame - I’m 6’0” and you can see where I have things set, so I would estimate that the bike would be good for someone 5’8” to 6’1”. It is ready to ride, but it could use a bit of a clean-up. Let me know if you have any questions, and thanks for looking!

IMG_6446.jpeg

IMG_6440.jpeg

IMG_6441.jpeg

IMG_6442.jpeg