26 1 3/8” EA3 Rims

TimH

Feb 16, 2024, 3:02:29 PMFeb 16
to Gentleman Cyclist
IMG_0272.jpegYears ago I brought a huge box of parts from the family of a former cycle shop owner. About half the rims are pictured. Sturmey Archer, Rígida, Dunlop, Radaelli. Chrome steel.  New old stock. 40, 36, 32°.  Some have surface rust some don’t. If you’re going to Pepin this year I can bring some for you, let me know what you need. Free but you have to take what I bring, I’m not taking anything home.
Also Williams left crank arms, chainrings various sizes1/2 and 1” pitch.
NOS Brampton hubs.
Tim

David O'Dell

Feb 17, 2024, 10:51:58 PMFeb 17
to gentlema...@googlegroups.com
Hello Tim, thank you for your generous offer. If possible I would be privileged to accept a 32 hole and a 40 hole rim set of the Sturmey archer type for the restoration of my fathers 1956 sports. I will be on the three speed tour for the 3rd time this year. Best regards, Dave O'Dell

Best regards,

David O'Dell
1328 Brookline Ave.
Eau Claire, WI 54703

Tim Long

Feb 18, 2024, 2:46:15 PMFeb 18
to Gentleman Cyclist
Cool, Tim!  I'm with Dave; I'll take one each of a 26" Sturmey Archer 32 and 40 hole rim.  I'll be at this year's gathering in Red Wing as well;  and will have brought along a months' long supply of the local Boetje's mustard in exchange, so you'd be set for the summer's bratwursts.

The Other Tim (Long), Rock Island.

TimH

Feb 18, 2024, 6:39:56 PMFeb 18
to Gentleman Cyclist
I'll dig around.  Just to be clear they are all ENDRICK, the "U" channel design, none with the raised center which I think is Westwick?
Tim H ( the original Tim )

Theodore Schefelbein

Feb 18, 2024, 9:10:17 PMFeb 18
to Gentleman Cyclist
Low probability, I’m sure, but, you get what you play for. Any 28” DL1 Roadster rims? Because, I’m “that” guy.

Ted

TimH

Feb 19, 2024, 7:29:21 PMFeb 19
to Gentleman Cyclist
Ted, no 28".  I've seen Indian made ones available and they seem ok.
I wasn't sure if there would be interest.  Glad there is.
Here is the inventory of rims:
                       40     36     32
SA                   3        4        0
Dunlop           2        0        2
Rigida                       1        2
Radaelli          2
One rim is just marked Made in France 40 hole
So, Dave and Tim 2 what do you think?  Dunlops?

Again these are the Endrick style, not the raised center Westrick.
Tim H

David O'Dell

Feb 20, 2024, 5:53:11 PMFeb 20
to gentlema...@googlegroups.com