Raleigh 55

ru...@russellbourrienne.com

Jul 2, 2021, 11:46:53 AM7/2/21
to Gentleman Cyclist
Hello. I am seeking some advice on a 1955 Raleigh Sports alloy hub bike that I am restoring. There is no "made in England" decal on the top tube. Did Raleigh always put that decal on ?  I am wondering if it has just been worn away but the seat tube decals are minimal on this model. Any input will be much appreciated.   Thanks,   Russell

Luckyrob

Jul 3, 2021, 10:36:22 AM7/3/21
to Gentleman Cyclist
They wore off easily.  There is a few sizes and fonts if you want to replace it, I recommend these people https://h-lloyd-cycles.myshopify.com/?fbclid=IwAR39LXGP3x_EjDXa3A3HVdILbf5BIysxmQzzWWE_GTNhprPUawOc8egtj7E

ru...@russellbourrienne.com

Jul 3, 2021, 10:55:31 PM7/3/21
to Gentleman Cyclist
Thanks Rob.  That is a great resource for decals! I have ordered from Velocals before and they  have a good selection but your vendor has a lot more brands. I will go ahead and replace it.  Hope you are doing well

Luckyrob

Jul 4, 2021, 9:43:03 AM7/4/21
to Gentleman Cyclist
Thanks Russell we are getting better in Manitoba now that our vaccination rates are much higher,  Restrictions are slowly lifting.  H-lloyd has always been a great place to order from for me.  Sometimes slow to respond but  they are busy and take lots of care.  I have not ordered for several years though so hopefully their great customer service is still the same