Interesting Raleigh on Sacramento Craiglist

George Cline

Sep 1, 2021, 11:18:24 PM9/1/21
to Gentleman Cyclist
Hi, a new member here. I am a member of the iBOB Group and posted this Raleigh listing there. It was suggested that there might be some interest here, so I've joined the group and am sharing this interesting Raleigh I saw posted on the Sacramento Craiglist.

Raleigh

It's not mine and I have no affiliation with the seller.

George in NoCal

George Cline

Sep 9, 2021, 10:54:15 AM9/9/21
to Gentleman Cyclist
Well, it looks like somebody figured out the old Raleigh may be worth something!

Jon Hanson

Sep 9, 2021, 12:08:04 PM9/9/21
to gentlema...@googlegroups.com

Those are hard to price. There are only a handful of 1930s survivors in the US, but on the other hand, there are maybe fewer interested buyers. Everyone loves to look at them, but when it comes to making the purchase the question of “What do I do with it?” always comes up.

Jon Hanson

John Crump

Sep 9, 2021, 12:55:30 PM9/9/21
to Gentleman Cyclist
It IS a collector's item worth a lot to the right collector John Crump

Jon Hanson

Sep 9, 2021, 1:17:01 PM9/9/21
to gentlema...@googlegroups.com, 82154edc3a373213...@sale.craigslist.org

Attached is the page from the 1937 Raleigh catalog – I think this is the year, as it has a brass headbadge and  blue headtube.

Jon Hanson

Sep 9, 2021, 11:41:13 PM9/9/21
to Gentleman Cyclist
Thanks for the Raleigh catalog attachment. It sure looks like that model, except for the rear drivetrain. It is a nice example. I think $1500 is a bit optimistic, but like John says, it could be worth it to the right collector.

George in NoCal