The Lake Pepin 3-Speed Tour;

jon gentlemancyclist.com

Apr 22, 2024, 12:40:32 PMApr 22
Dear Riders of the Realm:

We have all been a bit anxious of late, what, with all the indecisive weather including wind and a bit of snow. Not to worry, since your training regimen can continue indoors but your Trusty Steed may require attention since the disassembly last month was begun with the best of intentions and the best of scotch. Time to sweep the parts into a little pile, contemplate the situation, and head to the overstuffed chair with a wee dram of the aforementioned scotch (peated, of course). Next, pull out one of your old tourbooks and re-read the notes you scribbled on the wheel during a severe bout of oxygen depletion.

Other flats and spares:
  • Saturday dinner has been a bone of contention and now we have a solution; we will leave it up to you. We will provide no organised dinner but, rather, leave you to snoop around and find it on your own as it was in the early days of the 3ST. Slippery's, The Olde Triangle, The Silver Star, Fresh Wok, Main Street Kitchen and even the bowling alley are all possibilities. Get on the interwebs and investigate.
  • After dinner, meet back at Hoppy Girl Brewing for music, beer and Stories Both True and Otherwise.
  • Sunday breakfast is a happy coincidence since St. Felix church is hosting a fund raiser breakfast.
  • ERRATA: The tourbook was printed before the meal situation was sorted so you'll have to ignore the bits that are wrong.
  • Pre-ride festivities on Friday will be at the Red Wing Brewery (4-5pm or so) and the post-ride festivities will be there as well since The Staghead is no longer.
  • Head count is now at 60 and that seems to be right on track.
  • Our First Wednesday series of meetings at Waldmann has been wildly successful and I recommend a visit.
Best along the Path,
Jon Sharratt, Shirt-Tail Organiser Emeritus