The All-British Cycling Event; Black Livery

jon gentlemancyclist.com

Sep 5, 2022, 8:38:12 PM9/5/22
Dear Riders of the Realm,

Our schedule has been a moving target of late and now, after some happy discussion with Mr. Barley John himself, we have come to an easy understanding. After his new buyers have backed out of the deal, this brave man decided to press on regardless. There may be a bit of hell and even a bit high water but he is staying open. Just not on Sundays, Mondays or Tuesdays. So, to make this long story even longer, we will be gathering on the first Wednesday of every month and that means the day after tomorrow.

Other lucky chances:
  • The ABCE soldiers on as if nothing happened; Friday Meet-and-Greet, Saturday Gentleman's Tour starting and ending at Merlin's and the Sunday Usual Madness. September 16, 17 and 18.
  • This year we will be missing Sir Noel Robinson; a truly sad state of affairs. We will, on Sunday however, have a Tribute to Noel; bring your Noel photos, Noel artifacts and Noel stories both true and otherwise. If you can muster a cardboard cutout of Noel or show off a nice framed print, that would be the business. Anything goes.
  • We won't have a featured Marque this year, but instead, a featured colour. Black it is; bring a Trusty Steed in black livery for our procession to the Gravity Race and we will tip our caps to the Old Man, as Julio calls him.
  • We will not feature the "Gravity Race and Day-Old Pastry Joust, and Sunday Gentleman's Tour" this year. Instead, it will be renamed "The Robinson Ride".
  • On Sunday, we have arranged a bagpiper for Noel; sort of a screech-along with lyrics. There won't be a dry eye in the house.
Best along the path,
Jon Sharratt, Shirt-Tail Organiser,

Jack Rayburn

Sep 8, 2022, 7:23:33 PM9/8/22
to gentlema...@googlegroups.com
Jon, do you have an estimated departure time for Saturday’s ABCE ride on the 17th?

Thank you.

Jack Rayburn

jon gentlemancyclist.com

Sep 8, 2022, 9:18:46 PM9/8/22
to 'Jack Rayburn' via Gentleman Cyclist
Hi Jack,
We'll depart Merlin's Rest about 9-9:30.
STO