The Lake Pepin 3-Speed Tour; A Ploughman's Folly

jon gentlemancyclist.com

Jan 9, 2023, 4:01:55 PM1/9/23
Dear Ploughmen of the Realm,

By now, most of us have noticed the days getting longer (nope), temperatures warming (nope) and bicycle projects coming along nicely (nope). The best we can do at this point is to keep our feet pointed toward the fire and have a nice flammable delicacy in hand. Have your fond memories of the Tour ticking over in your mind and your plans of what to ride and wear for the coming event close to your heart. It won't be long now and so it may be a good idea to clear the workbench in preparation of the 3-speed teardown explosion once feeling returns to your fingers. Of course, the aforementioned bench should be sloped toward the back so the tiny ball bearings may disappear without notice. If your bench is out in the shed, cancel the bench clearing and return to the hearth immediatly since the shed will be snowed in.

Other slants and takes:
  • Bag tags will be a special order in black to honour our fallen hero Noel. I'll order a few extra to have on hand.
  • Registration fees remain at $30 per Ploughman or Ploughwoman.
  • May 20 & 21 are the dates. The timing shifts once every 4 years to avoid Mother's Day. You may thank the Gregorian Calendar for this hitch in your giddyup.
  • Registration is always open; Paypal is still easiest, just send it to the address of this email.
Best along the furrow,
Jon Sharratt, Shirt-Tail Organiser
"REVIVING THE HEART AND SOUL OF ENGLISH CYCLING -ONE PASTRY AT A TIME."

    The Gregorian calendar is the calendar used in most parts of the world. It was introduced in October 1582 by Pope Gregory XIII as a modification of, and replacement for, the Julian calendar.The principal change was to space leap years differently so as to make the average calendar year 365.2425 days long, more closely approximating the 365.2422-day 'tropical' or 'solar' year that is determined ...