Fw: rain capes

jon gentlemancyclist.com

May 17, 2022, 6:23:38 PM5/17/22
to gentlema...@googlegroups.com

From: Jeff Bock <jeff...@ix.netcom.com>
Sent: Tuesday, May 17, 2022 9:41 AM
To: jon gentlemancyclist.com <j...@gentlemancyclist.com>
Subject: rain capes

Greetings,

Great ride this year — THANKS!

Fortunately, rain gear wasn’t needed this year, but this review was in my inbox when I got home. I thought some of the “nutters” might appreciate the information.

Cheers,
Jeff

John Crump

May 18, 2022, 1:25:08 PM5/18/22
to Gentleman Cyclist
Probably the worst thing ever invented, riding in England for many years from 1946 on I hated capes they were, in fact, could be dangerous, Any gusty wind and rain could blow you off the bloody road. two inside hooks all that you had to hold in place, heavy wet oil skin. "CAPE UP LADS" BUT we used them all the time. all we had then.along with all that WOOl we wore How did we survive??  John Crump OldBrit now in Parker, Colorado USA

45287263_1557843264315704_750414615782883328_o (1).jpg

mikehave...@gmail.com

May 19, 2022, 2:33:37 PM5/19/22
to Gentleman Cyclist
I had my rain cape buried in the bottom of my bag last weekend. I have an extremely lightweight one from Delaware. There are loops that fit over my handlebars. and I sit on the rear. The best thing though, to help prevent it blowing away, is to use a large binder clip, to clip the middle of the front to my handlebar bag. I can move my hands around and brake or shift while keeping my hands and the rest of me dry.

Mine is an older version of the "Rover" $99. I've had it for 10 years.

-Mike