The All-British Cycling Event; Uphill All the Way

jon gentlemancyclist.com

Sep 15, 2021, 8:49:40 PM9/15/21
Dear Silver Knights,

The weather looks good, the usual suspects have been notified and the bribes are in so it's too late to cancel. That means we'll be gathering with good friends, good food and drink for a weekend of hard saddles and sunburn.

A quick summary:

Friday evening begins at 5pm at Barley John's for handshakes and hugs, our claiming ceremony and perhaps an ale or 2. Arrive suspiciously early or fashionably late.

Saturday begins and ends at Merlin's Rest; 3601 E Lake St. 9am start. The Gentleman's Tour will feature a meandering route through Minneapolis and St. Paul, concluding at Merlin's with reservations at 4:30 pm.

Sunday begins at 10am with the Cycle Jumble, social hour and then the overly anticipated Gravity Race and Pastry Joust. Once the taps are open, we will continue with Stories Both True and Otherwise, pizza (try the new Cornish Hen), awards (2 new and exaggerated categories) and finally, the prize drawing.

Hopefully, this time we will not forget to undo the claims that were put forth on Friday.

Best along the path,
Jon Sharratt, Shirt-Tail Organiser