Barley John Meeting Attendance, En Route to Duluth on the old Bonneville

Tim Long

Jul 27, 2021, 4:23:08 PM7/27/21
to Gentleman Cyclist
Or so I hope - I need to replace the timing cover and put the ignition points on the old twin back to spec, and find my cycle camping kit, but, all things being equal,

I plan on riding from Rock Island to Duluth next Sunday - Tuesday*, and Noel informs me that the regular meeting at Barley John's is to be held next Monday night!  And, he thinks that my prior LP3ST attendances might merit attendance at same.  Glory be!

I'm looking for a spot to pitch my tent and air mattress near Barley John's, or floorspace with a bathroom nearby for Monday night.

Karen finds me to be a civilized partner and I'm entirely housebroke, with minimal needs.  This is all a dry run for the September trip to Maine on the Triumph, replicating, as an older and wiser man (well, older, anyway), a ride my best friend and I took fifty years ago.  Duluth is home to Aerostich Cycle Gear, and as my rider suit now leaks at every seam, it's time for one of their locally made outfits to find its way to my closet, while Social Security checks are still arriving.

I'd happily return the favor for any travelers headed through the Quad Cities, and do put together a decent omelette breakfast.  Or a pretty good bowl of oatmeal.

Thanks for any suggestions or directions toward a mom-and-pop motel that would do.

Tim

*Overnight in the Twin Cities Monday night, depart for Duluth first off Tuesday.  I'll likely take a more direct route back through Wisconsin on Tuesday - Wednesday.  Or not...

Bonneville TDL 08 08 2020.pdf

Tim Long

Jul 27, 2021, 4:24:50 PM7/27/21
to Gentleman Cyclist
PS:  I'll leave behind a few jars of Boetje's local mustard, too

Tim Long

Jul 27, 2021, 5:26:44 PM7/27/21
to Gentleman Cyclist
PPS:  I've had all my shots, too.

jon gentlemancyclist.com

Jul 28, 2021, 9:14:06 AM7/28/21
to Tim Long, Gentleman Cyclist
Well, this will be interesting; a special guest at BJs! Prepare for cold beer to delight the tongue then disappear from the tab. Prepare for Triumph show-and-tell and I'll have a very green bicycle for show-and-tell as well. Brace yourself for stories both true and otherwise.
STO