Gensim Model in the Software Field

Marc gehring

May 12, 2022, 8:21:50 AM5/12/22
to Gensim
Hello together,
I'm looking for a GENSIM model in the software field.
Most of the models don't have the relevant words in their dictionaries.
Does anybody know which model is applicable for a vocabulary in the software domain?

I´m looking for the task word similarity

Kind regards

Marc

Gordon Mohr

May 12, 2022, 3:25:21 PM5/12/22
to Gensim
Generally, I've not seen many domain-specialized pretrained models, & can't think of ever seeing anything specific to software. One of the biggest values of the Gensim code for `Word2Vec` & other algorithms is the chance to train your own models on a corpus specific to your needs – perhaps even very private, or very specialized, corpora where word senses may vary quite a bit from more general usage..

- Gordon

Marc gehring

May 23, 2022, 11:15:35 AM5/23/22
to Gensim
Thank you very much,

but how can i train them on my own corpus?

Kind regards

Marc

Gordon Mohr

May 23, 2022, 5:07:03 PM5/23/22
to Gensim
(1) Collect the texts you want to use as training material
(2) Follow some online example that describes the steps, such as the very basic example included in Gensim's docs – https://radimrehurek.com/gensim/auto_examples/tutorials/run_word2vec.html#training-your-own-model – or others that seem more in-line with your data/goals.

- Gordon