Can models loaded as keyed vectors in word2vec format be used for procrustes analysis

amjass

Nov 4, 2021, 10:01:04 AM11/4/21
to Gensim
Hi,

I have two trained word2vec models generated by a tool that implements node2vec for graphs before embedding with gensim Word2Vec.

The save format is to save the vectors after training.

The vectors are loaded as follows:
model1 = KeyedVectors.load_word2vec_format('model1.model.bin')
model2 = KeyedVectors.load_word2vec_format('model2.model.bin')

I want t compared vectors between these two model and am using the smart_procrustes_align_gensim code from histwords.

My question is, does loading a model by loading keyedvectors in word2vec format (as above) contain the correct and sufficient information as a full word2vec model so that they can then be used for comparing across models with smart_procrustes_align?
I have checked that syn0 and syn0norm matrices are present, but want to be sure none of these are modified/lost in any way when saving vectors and loading in word2vec format as above.

thank you!

Andrey Kutuzov

Nov 4, 2021, 10:25:23 AM11/4/21
to gen...@googlegroups.com
On 04.11.2021 15:01, amjass wrote:
> My question is, does loading a model by loading keyedvectors in word2vec
> format (as above) contain the correct and sufficient information as a
> full word2vec model so that they can then be used for comparing across
> models with smart_procrustes_align?

Yes, it does.

--
Solve et coagula!
Andrey

amjass

Mar 9, 2022, 4:19:39 AM3/9/22
to Gensim
I do not know how i missed this!  - thank you for confirming!